Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tarimoor
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-01-2011, 10:08 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
I think its slightly odd that he would want to stand smiling next to a dead animal hanging off the ladder thing. what persons wants to stand smiling next to any dead animal for a picture..
Hun, I see many kids brought up hunting and shooting, they're not pleased the animal is dead, they are pleased to be part of a hunting community that keeps animals in balance with each other. They are pleased to know they understand the lifecycle of animals far better than many other children of their age. It really isn't a death thing, it's a life thing, or a balance of. And they are brought up respecting, and valuing the life of an animal, understanding how it lives and dies.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2011, 10:09 PM
I think its slightly odd that he would want to stand smiling next to a dead animal hanging off the ladder thing. what persons wants to stand smiling next to any dead animal for a picture..
Its not odd at all. If he has been bought up around this type of thing, whats the problem? He probably goes out rabbiting too! Great way to learn respect and control of the countryside at a young age, and far more beneficial to the child than sitting for hours on a computer!

(like we do)
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2011, 10:11 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Its not odd at all. If he has been bought up around this type of thing, whats the problem? He probably goes out rabbiting too! Great way to learn respect and control of the countryside at a young age, and far more beneficial to the child than sitting for hours on a computer!

(like we do)
To me its odd Dawn others around this type of thing maybe not? I cant say I know. But to me posing next to any dead animal is slightly odd - I dont get it.

ahh but when im sat on the computer I am usally doing work which is beneficial to me, just get distracted far to much - You bad lot
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2011, 10:13 PM
Originally Posted by Tarimoor View Post
Hun, I see many kids brought up hunting and shooting, they're not pleased the animal is dead, they are pleased to be part of a hunting community that keeps animals in balance with each other. They are pleased to know they understand the lifecycle of animals far better than many other children of their age. It really isn't a death thing, it's a life thing, or a balance of. And they are brought up respecting, and valuing the life of an animal, understanding how it lives and dies.
I understand that (I think) Just dont get the whole posing with it, you do a job you kill an animal in the job, if it helps all is good (cant believe I said that) but wheres the respect for that dead animal now hanging off what ever that ladder thing is so some one can pose next to it for a damn piccie.. 'ohh look at this whooping big fox - we killed it' to me that fox is NO different to any other fox killed by the same people - its a fox and its dead.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2011, 10:18 PM
Its no different to fishermen catching a fish:

|----------------------------------------------------------| THIS BIG!!!
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2011, 10:19 PM
Its no different to fishermen catching a fish:

|----------------------------------------------------------| THIS BIG!!!
Yeah and they pose with them as well
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2011, 10:24 PM
Yeah and they pose with them as well
Precisely, no harm in it. Just pleased with their work.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2011, 10:30 PM
Precisely, no harm in it. Just pleased with their work.
no harm - just odd - some people are to proud of themselves for taking a life be it big or small and have great pride in taking piccies to show off - I just dont understand it thats all - I thought these people didnt like having to kill animals, wasnt proud of the actual killing but proud of doing their ' job ' correctly to help the enviroment. I wont understand it as I am not in the 'know' about such things, so will agree to disagree with someone that knows and understands more about it than I ever will.
aerolor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-01-2011, 10:48 PM
I think his motivation for the big Cheshire grin next to the hanging dead fox was that he knew his fizzog was going to be on the news (call me a cynic but perhaps his mum wanted him to pose for the news camera and was saying cheese).
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2011, 10:53 PM
I don't think it teaches a child respect for life, I think it does the opposite and hardens them and teaches them that it is OK to kill because they are human.

I would like them to learn that it is not OK to kill BECAUSE they are human.

rune
Page 4 of 37 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 > Last »