Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kelpiemad
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-11-2010, 11:27 PM
Hi Mad Huskies and abbie
This is heaven a Husky and a Northern Inuit working obedience it has made me want one even more. abbie realy well done on your wins in obedience its not easy I am so pleased and agility as well I would realy like to see them work
Mad Huskies you realy must try freestyle I am sure you would love the training and the dogs love it and the beauty is you can do most of the training inside at home I do an agility class every other sunday at eastwood and tues evening in the summer if you want any help with any freestyle moves pm me and I will help all I can . I believe in short and sweet when it comes to training 30 seconds of good work is so much better then longer and them losing attention and drive to want to do it thanks for your replys it is very interesting and as I said I would love to see them work
Michelle
abbie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2010, 11:58 PM
Originally Posted by kelpiemad View Post
Hi Mad Huskies and abbie
This is heaven a Husky and a Northern Inuit working obedience it has made me want one even more. abbie realy well done on your wins in obedience its not easy I am so pleased and agility as well I would realy like to see them work
Mad Huskies you realy must try freestyle I am sure you would love the training and the dogs love it and the beauty is you can do most of the training inside at home I do an agility class every other sunday at eastwood and tues evening in the summer if you want any help with any freestyle moves pm me and I will help all I can . I believe in short and sweet when it comes to training 30 seconds of good work is so much better then longer and them losing attention and drive to want to do it thanks for your replys it is very interesting and as I said I would love to see them work
Michelle
Hi Michelle,

Here is a few pics of my dogs

Torin is 2 and currently competing at novice obedience. His best place so far is 2nd. I think he has alot of potential

Sacha is 4 and although has won at novice obedience, we are more concentrating on agility as she is very fussy about what she will retrieve and we struggle badly with present. Don't think we will ever be able to do scent

She's not the easiest dog, but we enjoy agility and she won her last competition in grade 1 and 2 jumping and has been placed in both agility and jumping.

Liadan is 3 and we are hoping to start competing in agility next year. She has done a few training rounds at shows and is doing really well

Not to forget Callan who is 8 months old and last weekend did his first training round in novice obedience

mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2010, 06:38 AM
Originally Posted by kelpiemad View Post
Hi its great to know there is judges out there that will judge the same position away I personally think it is more difficult for a dog to work a inch away and keep that position than a dog that works on the leg because the dog that works on the leg can feel that its right. I used to call and watch for mistakes for a ticket handler everything had to be so precise but I loved it.
Oh god yes its much more difficult ifthey cant touch the leg for guidence.

What ticket Handler/dog? (oh im nosey) I work Ticket with my last two dogs, never won one though YET!!!

It sounds like youve found your true love in Freestyle though, Fab!
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2010, 08:54 AM
Think I may know you Michelle! Did you do the Om pa pa routine?

Have you worked your Kelpie yet?

I haven't travelled for ages now but am just starting again with my springer.

rune (lynn crook)
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2010, 09:05 AM
Hopefully I will compete with Mouse my Papillion pup,she is now 13wks and does sits and downs, handtouches ,twirls and loves her tuggy toy
Cracking piccies
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2010, 11:09 AM
Right Abbie you have given me the push I needed - if you can train huskies - I can train Louie.

Wont be competing with either of my lot although Benjie's heel is almost perfect, but I can make them compete worthy lol

I have a BC x JRT who could've done agility or flyball but she's just happy running around a field than jumping etc and she's 9 now so I wouldnt be able to get her into it now and even if I did her back legs are going and her hearing - although I'm convinced it's selected
Dilkara
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-11-2010, 12:22 PM
I would have liked to compete with my sheltie. He is really good at obedience, and is a little workaholic. Except, he's a sheltie. He barks!! So we would get penalised.
Blu
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-11-2010, 03:28 PM
Mine have never worked against my leg and have had plenty of 1st. Blu goes a bit funny with proper heal work because he's used to being further away for showing.
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2010, 07:55 PM
Originally Posted by Dilkara View Post
I would have liked to compete with my sheltie. He is really good at obedience, and is a little workaholic. Except, he's a sheltie. He barks!! So we would get penalised.
he would, but theres lots of viocal/gobby competing dogs, hopefully how brilliant they are balances out the barking, All mine are gobby in the ring (must be something i do!)
kelpiemad
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-11-2010, 08:36 PM
Hi abbie Thank you for the pics I love them its beautiful to see your lovely dogs working oh I realy want one. you have some striking looking dogs you must be so proud of them you have done realy well with them please keep up the good work
Michelle
Page 5 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >