Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2009, 03:17 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
EXACTLY!! She has minor brain damage, was ridiculed and teased all her life, has learning difficulties and is expected to be a superstar overnight and act like she always has been.
DITO, she lives not that far from me really,

I think the pressure is massive on her, given the life she has lead,
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2009, 03:56 PM
I'm not talking about her brain damage! I'm not talking about her mental state. I'm not reallly talking about her.

I'm talking about the fact that she is being branded a star and has only ever done two songs, one of which is not that great.

I think there is far better talent out there.

As for being thrust into the limelight, she did go to the auditions herself, no one made her.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2009, 04:03 PM
I really feel for this lady. Let's face it (no rudeness intended) she's not had an easy time, probably a lifetime of people judging her because of her looks, then obvious difficulties with her social skills due to difficulties at birth. Finally, the lady finds something positive in her life (I challenge anyone to say that her voice isn't just great) and then has a mad hype up from the media and then everyone's picking at the poor woman! I, for one, am glad to see somebody with pure talent that isn't flashing veneers and telling people what they want to hear, or flashing their bodyparts to gain media attention. She's genuine and has natural talent. So, she tells the media to f*** off and isn't all sweetness and light, good on her! I think she deserves a chance and I am one that is willing her to succeed. You go Su Bo.......
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2009, 04:07 PM
If I heard her sing some more songs as great as ''I dreamed a dream'' then I would feel different.

And I hope it's not coming across as if I'm ''picking on her'''. I would never want to do that.

I'm just abit fed up of it all but that's the media/TV show's fault, not hers.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2009, 04:10 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
If I heard her sing some more songs as great as ''I dreamed a dream'' then I would feel different.

And I hope it's not coming across as if I'm ''picking on her'''. I would never want to do that.

I'm just abit fed up of it all but that's the media/TV show's fault, not hers.
No, Pidge, I didn't think you were picking on her but from the bits and pieces I've heard and seen, it seems the media are having a bit of a downer on her. Such a shame, because I think she'd shine if she felt more people were behind her. She probably feels a great lack of confidence at the moment. I hope she gathers herself enough to do more songs, as I'm sure she'll prove her great talent, given the chance
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2009, 04:27 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Here we go have a go at somebody that has a genuine talent yet is FORCED into mass hysteria and public scrutiny and is expected to deal with it like a pro! Give her a break, leave her alone!
She has learning difficulties due to being deprived of oxygen at birth. I think Dawn's right
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2009, 04:28 PM
I like her I think it took great guts to get up there and sing as she did, and what with her difficult upbringing and the snide remarks that the children called when she was a child.

Give her a chance!!! she has only just begun. I'm sure there are loads of songs in that head of hers that her voice will do justice to.

And with all the backing she has now I'm sure the musical arranger, or whoever will give her voice some amazing songs to sing. It's very early days, what do you expect? You can't have a full repprotoire of songs when you have only just started out.
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2009, 04:31 PM
Also, as a singer myself, it takes time to learn new songs to be able to sing them to a standard where you can perform them in front of an audience.

It's not just a case of 'Oh I think I'll sing that one'. You have to learn the melody, the words, the nuances, the breathing, the dynamics..........

And for Susan Boyle it'll probably take a bit longer than usual. Plus she sings live, not miming like Britney Spears, Madonna, Michael Jackson etc.
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2009, 04:39 PM
I like her. Not my sort of music really, but she's a fantastic singer and I think the way the press treats some people is disgusting. They should give her a break. We should celebrate our nation's talented folk, not slag them off.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2009, 07:09 PM
Pidge wrote:
She has an emotional breakdown (why, reallly?)
You directly questioned her honesty there. Why? dont you think its possible that a woman who has been ridiculed and teased all her life might find the media hysteria a bit too much to cope with? Really? YES REALLY!!!
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >