Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hobbit
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-11-2007, 06:53 AM

Returning to the UK From OZ

Hi Everyone,

I am just about to go through all the red tape etc to bring my dog back to the UK August next year.

She is getting her rabies vaccination tonight (as I just found out it's six months before they can travel after the blood test).

I have never moved an animal from country to country before, so if anyone knows any good animal transport companies...or can recommend a good airline from Oz, etc etc... any help would be good as I'm really not looking forward to it all.....hate doing this to my dog, but I just can't rehome her......she is my third child!
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2007, 07:28 AM
I don`t know which ones but some airlines carry the dogs in a separate cargo hold others use the general hold. Also some if not all put the dog on the same flight as you are on. Sorry I can`t help more but I just remember a few things a friend said who was doing the opposite trip this Sept. It would be worth contavting the airlines and seeing what their policies were.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2007, 08:50 AM
TBH I would use a professional company for such a long journey, friends of my late Dad took their middle aged Lab out to Aust using Overhill & they were brilliant. They are a long established company & sort out all the flights etc etc etc both for exporting & importing dogs
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2007, 06:14 PM
Par Air is based in Colchester near me, I`ve been there a few times to make enquiries for people and to check out the facilites for them. They are very experienced including long haul, [ also their vets are my vets so I know any animals still going through quarantine are looked after properly ]

This is their website :

http://www.parair.co.uk/

If you decide to use them [ obviously you will want to check out as many companies as possible ], they are based only a couple of miles down the road from me and though of course you don`t know me from Adam I`d be happy to go in to see them if you have any questions you want them asked by a person `face to face` or `on hand` at this end to make sure everything is going smoothly during transport instead of just all on paper/email long distance :smt001
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2007, 06:25 PM
Have PM'd you
Hobbit
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-11-2007, 01:20 AM
Thanks for your help....knowing someone at the other end looking into stuff will help.

I'll do a bit more research ....but she is NOT going into quarantine...just had her rabies vac last night and looking into buying the crate.....just got to work out which airline we are going to use....wish we didn't have to go through this....but I'm not leaving her behind!

Thanks again Patch and it doesn't matter to me that I don't know you from adam....you're a dog lover and that's good enough for me
Hobbit
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-11-2007, 01:22 AM
Dumb question....but how do I send someone a private message?

Thanks
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2007, 01:29 AM
At the top of the page somewhere, is a little link that says "Private Messages" click on that then some way down that page on the left panel, you'll find a link that says 'send new message'
China
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2007, 02:04 AM
Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
Hi Everyone,

I am just about to go through all the red tape etc to bring my dog back to the UK August next year.

She is getting her rabies vaccination tonight (as I just found out it's six months before they can travel after the blood test).

I have never moved an animal from country to country before, so if anyone knows any good animal transport companies...or can recommend a good airline from Oz, etc etc... any help would be good as I'm really not looking forward to it all.....hate doing this to my dog, but I just can't rehome her......she is my third child!
have you contacted dogtainers, I know of a lot of show people who use them to freight their dogs all around the world give them a call, having seen how well they handle the dogs in their care would recommend them,
forgot to ask when are you off?
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2007, 02:12 AM
Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post

Thanks again Patch and it doesn't matter to me that I don't know you from adam....you're a dog lover and that's good enough for me
:smt058

Don`t let the quarantine bit phase you, the company runs a quarantine kennel here but their main thing is the transport side, door to door - them being on my doorstep is just very handy as a point of direct contact with their HQ if you need it [ if you use them that is, I`m not touting for business for them, just making myself available for you if needed :smt001 ]