Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2019, 07:11 AM

Daily Thread, Tuesday 21st May, 2019

Good morning everyone. I trust you and your four legged friends are all well. Good to hear Chris that Dave may be home today.

Harvey, I trust Bruno is still settling in ok.

Have a good day all, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2019, 08:00 AM
Good morning Moyra and everyone.

An absolute cracker of a day so far. I have to wait in for all the materials for a little outhouse for my disability scooter to be delivered. I can no longer get it in and out of my shed. so a friend is building what he calls a scooter hotel for me! Then there will be no stopping me

Hope you are all well and enjoying the sunshine.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-05-2019, 08:08 AM
Morning Moyra, Jenny and all who follow.
Lovely day here to, was a bit breezy to start off at 8'ish when we set off with Dillon but soon warmed up.
So we encountered all the children going to school such a polite bunch from all 3 nearby schools. Lots cycle or scooter they use the paths but plenty of room so if we tuck to the side they can get past and nearly all say thank you.
Then nearly home and we met the walking train and they had stopped for a bit and one little girl asked if he could stroke Dillon in the end 3 little girls had a stroke and he wouldn't move till the lady in charge had stroked him to.
Also further back a big guy doing fascias was at his van and Dillon took a liking to him to so he gave him a fuss.
Now he is knocking his treat ball around the garden.

Delivery of his food arriving today between 12 & 1 so not sure if we will be popping out later or tomorrow.

Jenny the scooter hotel sounds ideal.
griff hope the neighbours are not stirring up more trouble for you all.
Kazz hope you are ok.
Harvey glad Bruno is managing a longer walk it will come there will be no stopping him when he is fit.
Hope you are well to and not finding it to much.

To all not mentioned hope you and four legged friends are all well.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2019, 09:15 AM
Morning all
Lol...I like that Nippy, a scooter hotel!
Lynn, how nice that the children ask to stroke Dillon...bet he loves all the attention... even nicer that they say thank you when you stand to the side, it annoys me when I do it and people don't say thanks. Hmmmmm the neighbours are bound to do something else...that's what they do.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-05-2019, 09:42 AM
It seems we have mostly polite children here griff some of the adults could learn a thing or two from them.

Chris do hope is much improved today and able to come home.
Life must be so hectic for you at the moment. Please take care of yourself and when Dave is home although easier for you he sounds like he will need caring for and with Gary to look after to it is so easy to put your health on the back burner.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2019, 10:53 AM
Good morning Moyra, Lynn, Griff, Jenny and all who follow

Love the sound of your scooter hotel and hopeful will be easy for you to use Jenny

Wonder what the idiots are thinking of now Griff or just trying to prove that you are at fault no doubt. The law is on your side so just bide your time.

Pleased OH is on the end Chris and hopefully he will be home today. Take care of yourself too as there is none to look after. you at the moment.

How lovely for Dillon that the children wish to stroke him and so polite too. Not like a lot round here it is me that has to move or walk in the road and they won't move from the centre of the path and walk two abreast with their heads in their phones. The grown ups are much better either

Good that Bruno is walking a little further and seems to be enjoying it. He will lose the weight with your loving attention and then it will be you having to run to catch up

Lovely morning here. Have been and brought a bag of kiln dried sand and remanded the drive. Have some left to do the patio as well but that is tomorrows job

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2019, 11:08 AM
Sue, we have done literally nothing wrong, I wish I could upload my boundary and it's obvious to everyone who owns what. We have made sure the fence is inside our boundary and made sure that the lads were careful with their property, they are very good workmen and very professional and the one I grew up with was absolutely furious with the way my family have been treated and he was appalled at the language used towards me, they have said they will come back when it's all sorted and put in another post and if my mum wants another panel too
I often see people resending their drives..does it just have to be done when you jet wash it?
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-05-2019, 05:29 PM
Patio done and drive, yes I did my bit as well.

Griff

Jet washing a drive gets at all the dirt. As for sanding the drive has to be very dry as well as the block paving sand. Don't use any other type which also has to be very dry or else it just clogs up

should end up something like this. Top dust will blow away with a bit of wind. this only took on bag of sand

griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2019, 06:11 PM
I am not posh enough for a block paved driveway lol I just see people putting sand on them and just wondered if it was when they are cleaned
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

21-05-2019, 07:58 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
I am not posh enough for a block paved driveway lol

You and me both We have a tarmac drive done long before we moved here. I'm hoping it will last a few more years.

You asked about the bronchoscopy thingy unfortunately the Doc told me it could be two or three weeks before they contact me.

Jenny - I like the idea of a 'scooter hotel' and I also understand how the shed was not ideal, there always seems tobe something in the way in a shed it makes getting my lawn mower out a pain sometimes

Lynn - Aside from some of the large towns (e.g. Norwich and Ipswich) I've mostly found the kids in this region are polite. Could it be something to do with 'closeness' to the land and animals ?? Around here we have lots of sheep, cattle, pigs, and of course horses. Kids learn that there's more to this world than just the two legged humans.

Bruno is developing his 'naughty' streak, yesterday he carried his bed out on to the lawn and tore it apart (It was old and to small for him anyway)

Today he found his way into our bedroom and grabbed my duvet of the the bed then proceeded to drag it out onto the front lawn, so all our neighbours could see it

It's fairly well known in the Newfie Club that the brown ones are complete fruit and nut cases

Chris - I am always checking on your posts ref. hubby, hope he will be home soon.

That's it for me now, see you all tomorrow.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >