Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2019, 06:31 AM

Daily Thread Saturday 4th May

Good morning everyone

Aw Harvey she sounds lovely. Hope you and Mrs Harvey have a long and happy time with her.

Chris if I left Barry to do the painting it would take me longer to clean up behind him that it took me to do it. He is not known for being tidy when he works - he works in a heap and then leaves the mess saying I will do it later which in his book is never

Hope you have managed to get cctv working Griff so you have more ammunition to get them to back off and live within their own boundaries.

Rained over night but sunny now. Just going to clean windows and wash kitchen floor and put the hoover round and then that is it for the day

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2019, 06:41 AM
Morning Sue and those to come. Sue you sound like me. There is always that magical fairy that lives in my house. Amazing.
Bit chilly here. Sun trying though. This will make you all laugh. I diligently put loads of buckets out to catch the rain last evening only to find when I went to empty them into each other there were holes in the bottom of some of them. Huh so no water to collect. Have a good day all.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2019, 06:44 AM
Morning all
Sue..I spent 3 hours last night trying to sort it to no avail, gave myself a massive headache
Lol Brenda, you're funny
Haircut for me today, it costs a fortune for like maybe a half inch to be cut off...I think it was £18 last time and that's dry
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-05-2019, 07:02 AM
What Sue does not realize is what is a "heap" to her is a random designed layout for me.

Even in my garage workshop I know exactly where everything is, it is just a case of finding it.

Gets a bit of excitement when I come across something I had forgotten about and wonder what it was used for. I never throw anything out "just in case".

To prove it I knew somewhere I had a new Yale front face door lock plate the key fits into. Now fitted to the back porch door. See my method works

See a well organized mess is how things should be. It's a logical way of doing things.

Aside from that still getting chest pain from when I fell a couple of weeks ago onto an upturned garden bench leg. Damn stupid of me, I would not recommend anyone trying to do the same. Think it might have something to do with the ribs ???? or bad bruising inside.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2019, 07:44 AM
Great news Harvey congratulations on your new addition to the family. Now we need some pickies of her.......please !

Have a good day everyone, God bless.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-05-2019, 08:01 AM
Sue decided it was about time the dust in the rad slots was cleaned out in the kitchen, don't think it has ever been done since the house was built in the1980's

So old brainwave here got the skyvac out(really powerfull with a small nozzle attached)and used the blow outlet on it (her idea) not the suck inlet. Well the dust was like looking through mist the amount that came out. Job done choke choke
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-05-2019, 08:44 AM
Morning Sue, brenda, griff, Barry, Moyra and all to follow.

griff they are beyond words these people. Although our bungalow is detached Wendy and families house next door there walls are within our boundary and of course if they ever need to do work it would be reasonable of us to allow them access which we would of course but other than that they never encroach on that side we have a padlocked side gare so difficult anyway. The house the other side we have to access their path to do any work on that side of the bungalow no problems when BT popped down there to connect the stuff to connect our phone line or when the builder we left a note in for them about that to do the air vent when fireplace was opened up. They left everything clean and tidy and as they found it.
Other than work that might need doing we would never just wander down there and we would always pop a note in if not answering the door which apparently they rarely do.
It's respecting boundaries and being neighbourly they are taking the pee. I hope you manage to get some photos timed and dated or manage to sort the cctv out.
brenda there's a hole in my bucket dear Liza dear Liza. I think you need some new buckets.
Sue same in this house must be a man thing.
Barry hope the ribs ease soon hurting ribs can be a very long and painful process to recover from.
Harvey great news about Xena I like it spelt with an X. Sounds like she will make a lovely companion and lucky to of found her way to you and Alena.

We are removing the terrors out of the big tank emptying everything out and hopefully if nowhere to hide catching the babies they are so fast. Putting them in the little tank to grow on and putting new plants in big tank and cleaning it up it needs it.
that's the plan anyway.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2019, 10:45 AM
Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
What Sue does not realize is what is a "heap" to her is a random designed layout for me.

Even in my garage workshop I know exactly where everything is, it is just a case of finding it.

Gets a bit of excitement when I come across something I had forgotten about and wonder what it was used for. I never throw anything out "just in case".

To prove it I knew somewhere I had a new Yale front face door lock plate the key fits into. Now fitted to the back porch door. See my method works

See a well organized mess is how things should be. It's a logical way of doing things.

Aside from that still getting chest pain from when I fell a couple of weeks ago onto an upturned garden bench leg. Damn stupid of me, I would not recommend anyone trying to do the same. Think it might have something to do with the ribs ???? or bad bruising inside.
Good morning all.

Rain, hail, winds and blooming cold out there this morning - hence we are home early. Thoroughly miserable walk this morning battling the weather.

You are just like my hubby. Every now and again, I put my foot down and clear everything out and put things in their place. Of course, it's then my fault when that elusive bit of wire that he put safe donkies years ago can't be found and he has to buy a new one .
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2019, 03:02 PM
I did it!!!!!!!! It was the adapter, you can only have a 1amp... didn't say that did it! Just used my phone charger and it worked so been to Wilko and bought an adapter, cable ties and extension lead
If anyone likes the idea of keeping an eye on their dogs it's a clever dog camera..images are good and you can talk to the dogs...I am using mine for the purpose of cctv
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

04-05-2019, 07:57 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
I diligently put loads of buckets out to catch the rain last evening only to find when I went to empty them into each other there were holes in the bottom of some of them.

That did make me smile

You're probably too young but you may remember the old Harry Belafonte song "There's a hole in my bucket"
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >