Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Apache
Dogsey Senior
Male 

10-09-2015, 02:54 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
I never had any issues with 8 quite liked it actually, as for working around the touchpad issue lol why have it if it's rendered useless and you can't even navigate around the screen. My son tried for ages to get it to work before admitting defeat and getting his mate to remove it. Why the hell should we work around the issue on a new machine. So much easier to get the thing removed and use a system that works. I have an old Tosh that keeps switching itself off, I'm willing to work around that because it's kept as a spare and it's old. I ain't working around anything on a new machine.
My son has 10 on his desktop machine and when asked what he thought of it the reply was it ain't all that.
As Chris states in the last post, most of these problems are caused by the manufacturer ( not Microsoft) not keeping up with new operating systems. They all knew Win 10 was coming, but then fail to provide support for legacy devices. They want you to buy a new one.

Here's a discussion on the Asus issue with instructions on how to get your touch pad to work with Win 10.

http://www.cnet.com/forums/discussio...th-windows-10/
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-09-2015, 05:18 PM
Already seen it and it didn't work.
I won't be downloading it again either.
By the time I buy a new laptop it will come with the new operating system anyway. They always do so what's the problem.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

10-09-2015, 05:23 PM
Well I'm not alone most of the posters on that link complained the fix didn't fix anything.
Apache
Dogsey Senior
Male 

10-09-2015, 05:59 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
Well I'm not alone most of the posters on that link complained the fix didn't fix anything.
Erm no, I am seeing something different to you then

----------------
It worked

by AlexisMThorne / August 30, 2015 3:27 PM PDT

In reply to: Repair ASUS Smart Gesture

Thank you! I tried everything I could find and this finally worked. My mouse reappears and can click
----------------
Worked perfectly.

by Crickettrangers / August 5, 2015 11:52 AM PDT

In reply to: Windows 10 Installation Disables Touchpad.

-------------------
Touchpad after W10

by AdeyM / August 24, 2015 12:34 AM PDT

In reply to: Touchpad stop working after update

Thanks, it worked well, but lost the two finger scrolling

This solved the solution on my Asus laptop perfectly.

Thank You.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

11-09-2015, 09:06 AM
No clicking or scrolling
by jaqck / August 31, 2015 1:56 AM PDT
In reply to: asus touchpad/windows 10 not working...
So before nothing on the laptop touchpad worked at all, so improvement, I guess. Now I can move the cursor, but that's all. Tapping the touch pad does nothing and clicking the actual buttons does nothing. Can't scroll or magnify on the touchpad either.

updates
by jaqck / August 31, 2015 2:32 AM PDT
In reply to: asus touchpad/windows 10 not working...
Ran updates. Mouse worked for approximately 10 seconds. Now back where I started. Cursor won't even move. The option for generic PS/2 mouse is gone. Windows informs me I have installed the best driver and my device is "working properly."

Its still not working
by Annurkurniawan / August 5, 2015 4:36 AM PDT
I've done the step you said. But when I shut down my computer and turn it back on. Its not working again. It disable again

Its still not working
by Annurkurniawan / August 5, 2015 4:36 AM PDT
I've done the step you said. But when I shut down my computer and turn it back on. Its not working again. It disable again

I ain't arguing just glad to be rid of it and it's not just an issue for Asus either.
Apache
Dogsey Senior
Male 

11-09-2015, 12:35 PM
The majority of those complaining eventually got fixed by correctly installing the updated driver or just waiting for Win 10 to fix it.

The main thing to remember is that this is your laptop manufacturers problem, not Windows 10.

When I upgraded my Asus laptop from XP to Win 7 the display resolution degraded. I contacted Asus for a fix and they just stated that there were no plans to provide a Win7 driver. Cheerio Asus.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2015, 12:48 PM
The problem with my computer was that Windows 10 caused my Antivirus to get corrupted and mess up everything. Like Apache said, the upgrade wasn't supported and screwed everything up. The computer peep were able to get it to boot and uninstalled the conflicting programs and it works fine. I got a new antivirus with Windows 10 compatibility and it's working fine. Glad the Windows 10 got rid of all those apps and stuff. That sucked.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2015, 05:00 PM
I do think that Microsoft should have issued a warning that it is not yet compatible with some machines (despite their compatibility test).

Not everyone is computer savvy and they should realise this
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

11-09-2015, 06:22 PM
I agree they knew the issues but said nothing. My son and his mate are extremely computer savvy but still struggled. Besides which whether the problem lies with Microsoft or Asus and Toshiba all I care about is having a laptop that works, especially as it was new at the time. So they can shove 10 where the sun doesn't shine, the so called improvements are not worth the aggravation so thanks for the lecture Apache, don't know why you felt the need but I'm sure it made you feel better. Who cares? I wish someone had warned me about the problem in advance but hey it's a simple fix and the owner of the machine gets to pick up the tab for fixing a problem the could have been avoided.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2015, 12:53 AM
Yeah we ended up having to pay repairmen to fix our computer only because Windows 10 incompatibility screwed it all up. Now Windows 10 isn't that much different from Windows 8 and the differences are small so it really wasn't worth all that. Had I been able to see the issues beforehand, of course I'd have NOT "upgraded". I truly feel for people who paid for the upgrade. Ouch!
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >