View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2019, 05:13 PM
Aw Kazz thankyou. I did go for a lovely walk up the local park. It is called manor park. Really enjoyed it. Bit tearful but mainly happyish tears remembering the other dogs that I used to go up there with. Miss them all but Tyto more.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2019, 07:30 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Hope you begin to feel better soon Harvey after the ab's kick in.
Yes you must be careful now as your immune system will be struggling.
Kazz it's so windy here we do have the big shade up on the other part of the patio but a gazebo unless screwed into the paving slabs would take off.

Popped into town got a few bits a notebook for the questions I have to ask Wednesday when i go along to a meeting re: building on the wasteland at the bottom of our neighbours and the rest of the houses further along.
It belongs to the council and apparently the company who have purchased it are putting in plans in the Autumn for the building of 20 properties Wednesdays meeting is for residents to go along speak to the representatives and try to find out what's going on.
I have written my questions, one being I do not want a house built that can look into our property. Suppose that's a statement not a question.
Plus the likes of how will these properties benefit the residents of March needing housing, where will the access road be the safety of the children in the school as we guess the vehicles and contractors will be using that road and the wildlife and trees and hedging.
People building everywhere now. Good luck are your neighbours going Lynn
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-07-2019, 07:45 PM
Its dreadful round here and Norfolk. I wouldn't mind so much if it helped the youngsters get on the ladder but nothing is affordable to them and the deposits now they have to find are ridiculous.
Suppose it will be like the building that went on in Upwell it won't help the young people native to the town or village.
That will be one of my questions, they also have another two sites won't affect us but nearby they are putting plans in for also.

No idea if my neighbours are going Kazz I expect Wendy next door will be working.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2019, 08:14 PM
Lynn, re-phrase: What precautions are in place to ensure that existing properties are not overlooked and their privacy is preserved?

Other things to consider are the strains put on existing services (police, doctors, hospitals) and what the proposals are to relieve those strains.

Believe me, if the council have sold the land, the building will go ahead. All you can do is try for damage limitation
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2019, 10:33 PM
Lynn, we have a dorma looking into our property, if we had known we would have insisted on opaque glass...no issues with the windows but I like my privacy
As regards neighbours...how would you react as I am not sure what to do, my dad walked past the front of our house with our lovely neighbours stating..."look out Gary glitter is about" , then mum looked out the window to find them waving at her, they were parked pointing up the road and they did a u turn..drove past my mum and dad's house and then pulled into the pub where me and my dad were drinking...they have no need as their families banned...I said to call the police and also the solicitor...bit I am pretty much a lone wolf so not sure what to do legally
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2019, 10:44 PM
Report it as harassment, Kelly. Also, play on your illness. I know it goes against the grain, but if they list you as a vulnerable person you can then take the matter up with 'Hate Crime' and they will push the police to action.

I had to do this with Gary when he was having problems with a particularly nasty neighbour
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2