Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2019, 06:20 AM

Daily Thread, Sunday, 14th July, 2019

Good morning everyone, don't know whether to hang my washing out or not. I have it on racks at the moment and think that is where it is going to stay for the time being.

I trust you and yours are all well and Harvey you are feeling much better now. Have a good day everyone, take care, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2019, 08:48 AM
Lynn not sure if this is of any interest to you for Dillon
https://www.riaflex.co.uk/
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2019, 09:09 AM
Morning all
It's raining here...boo!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-07-2019, 09:19 AM
Morning Moyra, brenda, griff and all who follow.
Warm here and sunny for a while then overcast.

Strolling into town later. We moved all the furniture around yesterday in the living room and have made it work much better. When we have all the family round we will need to move the table out to the middle of the lounge but that's only twice a year normally. Conservatory much more than we wanted to pay and thinking on it it would take up all the patio space directly outside the patio doors, so back to summer house log cabin tucked up round the right hand side of the garden.

brenda thank you used riaflex a while ago for him with success but I find his body gets use to the supplement or the condition worsens not sure which most likely the latter then I am looking for something else. We use the human riaflex.
I think in all honesty we have come to the point of needing the prescribed nsaids now he is still happy to go for walks but tires easily and yesterday and today we have had nail scraping still and today the left back leg went down while he was finding a spot to take a rest.
Its his left hip that is bad and the vet said painful.
Hope the rain clears soon griff.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2019, 10:44 AM
Hiya all

Lynn what about putting a sunshade/canopy/gazebo over the patio door area outside so you have a covered sitting area.

Dull here too. Washed my winter/autumn walking coats and wish I hadn't now as they need to breeze to dry. Oh well.

I too have moved the furniture round in the living room must be the time of year.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

14-07-2019, 12:31 PM
'morning Moyra, Brenda, Griff, Lynn, Kazz and all who follow

Lynn, sorry to read about Dillon, if the joint is painful does he ever yelp or cry when going down ? Casey used to do that but if I went over to him he would stop, it's like he wanted someone near him.

Still got this terrible 'tiredness' and feeling very weak and yesterday was not good. Today a tad better but in the next few days my imune system will go on strike so have to be really careful about picking up an infection. I start a one week course of anti-biotics tomorrow I hope things will get better after that

Enjoy your day everyone.

Barry, I will have to come back to that little seminar on photo storage at a latter date. Right now I can't psyche myself up to do anything
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2019, 12:44 PM
Good afternoon all.

Much the same weather here as at Lynn's by the sound of it. Once minute it's jacket on, the next taking it off. Nice walking weather though so not complaining.

Rest up when you need to Harvey. Sometimes, you just have to listen to what your body tells you to do rather than trying to push on through it. Carefully does it on the infection front - fingers crossed you'll escape all the little blighters so that your body can concentrate on the fight.

Sorry Dillon is responding as well now to the alternatives Lynn. Like us, there's no shame in resorting to the painkillers when they are needed. Far better to risk the side effects than being in constant pain.

Shoulder is still giving me a lot of grief so if it continues, it'll be try to get a doctor's appointment. Mind you, that usually takes weeks here unless a cancellation pops up which is very rare
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2019, 12:55 PM
Harvey, best of luck X hopefully you will swerve the infection.... anything iffy and make the call
Chris, have you tried salonplas...think that's them, some new pain relief patch apparently, just Google them to see what's in them if you have asthma
Kazz, hope you get your jackets dried
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2019, 01:22 PM
Jackets on line as we speak Griff; muggy now I think is a good description no breeze but I can only try.

Losos it is an all encompassing tiredness like nothing else, take care and just do as you feel no more no less.

Chris Your shoulder sounds painful may be worth going along to get it seen.

Moyra Hope you got your washing on the line.

Brenda Thought of you today while out with Gert no idea why you just popped into my head maybe because it was a nice walk and you say you miss walking with your Tyto. Maybe I was trying to "bring you along" in my head. Some days are just good dog walking days today was one and you were welcome in spirit to be with us.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-07-2019, 05:06 PM
Hope you begin to feel better soon Harvey after the ab's kick in.
Yes you must be careful now as your immune system will be struggling.
Kazz it's so windy here we do have the big shade up on the other part of the patio but a gazebo unless screwed into the paving slabs would take off.

Popped into town got a few bits a notebook for the questions I have to ask Wednesday when i go along to a meeting re: building on the wasteland at the bottom of our neighbours and the rest of the houses further along.
It belongs to the council and apparently the company who have purchased it are putting in plans in the Autumn for the building of 20 properties Wednesdays meeting is for residents to go along speak to the representatives and try to find out what's going on.
I have written my questions, one being I do not want a house built that can look into our property. Suppose that's a statement not a question.
Plus the likes of how will these properties benefit the residents of March needing housing, where will the access road be the safety of the children in the school as we guess the vehicles and contractors will be using that road and the wildlife and trees and hedging.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >