Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2019, 07:00 AM

Daily Thread, Tuesday, 2nd July, 2019

Good morning one and all. Another fine looking day, a bit cooler at present. I trust you and yours are all ok ready to face whatever today throws at us.

Have a good day stay warm and dry and above all things, safe and well. God bless.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2019, 07:03 AM
Morning Moyra
Looks to be good here today too!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-07-2019, 07:11 AM
Morning Moyra, griff and all to follow.
Seems like it will be a hot one here today.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-07-2019, 09:04 AM

Morn all

today another day of of sunshine, great isn't it. nothing planned for today.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2019, 11:34 AM
Good afternoon everyone

Hope you all manage to enjoy your day whatever you get up to.

I was up early, Teazle walked before 7.30 and then I put another coat of emulsion round the walls and that is the bedroom now finished except to put the hoover round and move beds etc back into place. No more decorating proposed for some time. All dust sheets and painting clothes washed and out on the line too

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2019, 02:30 PM
Well my plan of doing nothing didn't happen, my mums friend..and I guess my friend too, her mum has been poorly with cancer for a while and mum called me to say that they didn't think it would be long for her, mum wanted me to get a "loss of your mum card" but it had to be a nice one.... could I find a really nice one, could I heck, I have bought 3, hopefully one of those will be o.k
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

02-07-2019, 08:07 PM
Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
today another day of of sunshine, great isn't it. nothing planned for today.

Barry - Great photo, wish I was good with the camera.

Sue - I bet your glad the decorating is done. Will you be out in the garden now We've had quite a good stawberry crop and some nice black currants just ripening now.

Griff - I always have a problem picking cards

Hope you all are OK.

We've been trying to find out where some things have gone like a salt cellar, a box of washing machine 'pods' and yet more cushions. The answer of course is Bruno, he can get up on the kitchen work tops and 'grab' things. The salt cellar was actualy a glass bass with a metal top Heaven only knows what he wanted it for, maybe he thought his dinner needed a dash of salt
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-07-2019, 08:31 PM
Harvey there are "tricks" to improve photos. These are just 2 of them

I will give you a couple of easy ones. When reading a book what happens when you get to the end of the line? answer you can't go any further so have to go down to the next line.

Same with landscapes ,the eye when looking at a landscape actually is the same as above, starts on the left and ends on the right.

Now look at that photo above again, why can't you see any further on the right hand side? it is because a tree is stopping it. Exactly, so but putting a "block" there be it a tree-house haystack or whatever forces the eye to start at the left again as it can't see any further right

Clever ain't it????

So have a go at this one before reading under the photo. What do you notice?

again as before BUT now depth added by the small bush at the bottom of the picture Small but so important in the photo. It doesn't distract from the photo either. So now you have a foreground and a background as well, Again the eye blocked on the right by trees. Also reflections start coming into play well worth thinking about

Also introducing perspective with the water wider this end than the other leading you to the house. That is a different subject

Now consider what would happen if photo taken from a lower down position- further away or more to one side? I leave that up to you

There is something called DOF (depth of field) but that refers to what is in focus before and behind the subject so don't get confused if you see it

Ok by now you should be actually looking and not just seeing , and that is something to learn
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2019, 09:14 PM
Good evening all.

Another decent day today. Not too warm and not too cold.

Another day out and about on our own as Gary stayed up half the night so has slept today. I hate it when he gets down as he is now. Only time brings him out of it.

I hate choosing cards, Kelly. They never seem to be just right for what we want to say.

To be honest, I love both photo's. I'm not much of a photographer. Point and shoot is my limit when I get the chance which isn't very often
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-07-2019, 09:16 PM
Chris
I always start by saying it is the person behind a camera that takes the photo, a camera is only a means of capturing what you see. A cheap camera can be far better in the right hands than an expensive camera in the wrong hands

My first digital camera was a Kodax CX.4200 which was a point and shoot 2 mp camera and still got some decent shots with it. Cheap as chips as digital cameras go.

Photo from the Kodak cx4200 which came out in 2002 the date on photo is wrong

i wasn't going to spend a fortune on a new medium if I could not get on with it, having come from film cameras.

Soon found out its limitations so did first of a few camera upgrades after that
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >