Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2019, 05:41 AM

Daily Thread, Sunday, 30th June, 2019

Good morning everyone, well this it June on its way out already, by golly do the months run fast. I trust you and your lovely four legged friends are all ok. Dillon too!

Have a good day, keep comfortable and not too warm and dry and above all stay safe and well.

Harvey, hope this weather is not too hot for you and robbing you of more oxygen. Take care.

God bless all.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-06-2019, 06:02 AM
Morning Moyra and all to follow.
We were only saying last night Moyra end of June today and where has the month gone ? Flown by.

Not long up no walk for us this morning to hot already. Dillon fine this morning not sure how his legs would be on a walk maybe ok maybe not today we shan't know.
Doing the swab today and posting tomorrow.

One of us driving over to Essex to pick Joel and Tia up later.

We did sit out last night till almost midnight and we did have our citronella candle brenda a big one in a bucket but still got bothered by the mozzies, so gave up and came in.
Will have to get some more of the torches you put citronella oil in we found them better than the candles not sure what else they put in the candles but it seems to attract the mozzies.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well well and yes Harvey do hope this heat isn't effecting your breathing.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2019, 08:34 AM
Morning all
Lynn, have a lovely time with Joel and Tia and I hope you manage to sort the mozzies out, my dad got bit by one in the garden...I never seem to get bothered by them, obviously don't like rotten meat lol
Morning Moyra...never to warm for me! I do feel a bit bad for those who have to work in it or who find it uncomfortable but I love it
Need to see if I am meeting my friend tomorrow, and also have to go pick Dex's food up, maybe see what Steve's up to as he has a rest day.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-06-2019, 08:45 AM
Hope you get to meet Steve griff.

Turns out things have changed slightly regards Joel and Tia. Checked with Mark him or Lauren or both would be home Gorden is doing the Essex drive today. He said stop for tea so I will stay here and drive over in the van for about 4. Bit long to leave Dillon on a warm day. will get the fans going and give him his tea and then meet them at Marks and enjoy having tea with them.

Paid for the DM test by bank transfer, done the swabs will post tomorrow.
Then we wait to see what this one comes back as.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2019, 08:51 AM
That will be nice Lynn, fingers crossed this Sean doesn't show anything worse than the first.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2019, 09:06 AM
Morning all.

A lot cooler here this morning. Couple of nice walks already done and dusted with Gert and just had brekkie now browsing here then not sure.

My sister is in love AGAIN - she meet a lady the other day with a Cairn Terrier pup called Seymour the pup is 9-10 weeks old the lady already has a now elderly Cairn called Ralph who is about 12-13 and a middle aged Scottie who is about 5 or 6 Di thinks, the Scottie is called Dinah.

Di said it does not seem 5 minutes since Ralph was a pup. My nephew adores feeding the ducks so they spend a lot of time at the water park feeding ducks and know almost everyone there. They have been going there for years now. The lady names her dogs via the alphabet so she is now on S hence Seymour. Dinah was called Dinah when she got her at 18 months so stayed Dinah a blip in the naming process. LOL

Griff I though it was odd the company saying no water in cabs; have seen bus drivers (not that I use them much) drinking water in their cabs. Suspect the heat in the cabs sometimes gets to much and keeping up your water intake may get forgotten.

Lynn Sounds like a nice way to spend a Sunday hope the results are merely a paper exercise and nothing sinister there.

Moyra Have a good day yourself any plans or is it simply too warm for you out and about.

Sue Have a good day decorating - if you can stand the sauna.

Chris Hot weather seems to cause people to loose a brain cell around water. Glad your day was nice though and agree the afternoon was so much hotter than the morning. We lost the breeze I think. How are the glasses faring still a popular item.

Brenda Have a good day I am not keen on over powering heat either. Watched a programme on Robin Williams last night "Finding myself" I think it was called very insightful and sad people who knew him best seems such an underlying sad feel to his life.

To everyone have a great day.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-06-2019, 10:05 AM
Best I stay downstairs today/ Sue has all sorts of paper hanging stuff everywhere, even a trestle table on the landing.Woe betide me if I go anywhere near.

So it is photography again to occupy me, and today firing a remote flashgun by a radio signal from the camera. Nikon allow what is called "line of sight" remote actuation but that means the camera and flash have to be in line with each other to work. So ordered some radio triggers which should be better.

OOPs sorry that is me on my interests again

line of sight photo working remote flash gun 30ft away

Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2019, 10:14 AM
Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
Best I stay downstairs today/ Sue has all sorts of paper hanging stuff everywhere, even a trestle table on the landing.Woe betide me if I go anywhere near.

So it is photography again to occupy me, and today firing a remote flashgun by a radio signal from the camera. Nikon allow what is called "line of sight" remote actuation but that means the camera and flash have to be in line with each other to work. So ordered some radio triggers which should be better.

OOPs sorry that is me on my interests again

line of sight photo working remote flash gun 30ft away

Ahhhh my niece was telling me she was doing this the other day she is also a photography hobbyist. Do you belong to a photography group at all? she used to be does not now.

I find it interesting looking at her photo's you see something you see everyday from a different angle/perspective all of a sudden a simple everyday items take on a different look.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2019, 10:36 AM
Good morning everyone

Safe journey for both you and Gorden Lynn and enjoy your catchup with everyone. Hope the results come back the same and then you can begin to investigate other problems that may be easier to control.

Enjoy your day Griff whatever you get up too.

Brenda, Kazz, Moyra enjoy your day too

Yep I am decorating gain it is not so hot today. Have done the hard bit papering round radiator. I hate that bit so got it out of the way first Rest of the walls are quite straight forward just a few sockets to get round. Also looking after neighbour"s dog again as they have permission to visit their grandson and granddaughter for a couple of hours. Cheek of the wife she gives them time to arrive and then they have to leave before bath time so only get three to four hours with them after a 2 hour drive so they spend longer travelling then visiting.

Just having a break to cook his lordship his lunch.

Hope all are well.

Ha e a good day and stay safe.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-06-2019, 12:14 PM
Kazz

No I don't belong to any group or club even if here was one near me. From others I hear they can become quite "bitchy" as in my photo is better than your type of thing.Nor had any courses as you are only learning and copying what previous classes already do.

The way I look at it is all your famous painters got that way because they developed their own style and now their paintings are worth £m. Yyou never hear or see any copies or their work.

Doing photography does tend to get you to look at things against just seeing things, that is the difference.

Simple lines in a photo can be as attractive as a complicated subject filled photo

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >