Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2019, 06:12 AM

Daily Thread, Saturday, 29th June, 2019

Good morning everyone, another beautiful one. Hope you are all in fine fettle and your four legged friends too. Hope Dillon is ok this morning.

Have a good day everyone stay comfortable and dry and above keep safe and well. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-06-2019, 06:41 AM
Morning Moyra and all to follow.

Thank you Moyra we were out just before 7 good job we were heating up now think we're in for a scorcher today.
Managed 3/4 hour walk did notice when he was getting anxious to find a place to do is business and speeding up the back legs seemed uncoordinated with the front legs again almost like they are finding it hard to catch up with the front legs and his hocks start rubbing together.
Could be his hips maybe or the bad right back paw, who knows all I can do for now is monitor and send off the breed specific test for him.
Thankfully not as much nail scraping today and no stumbles.

How is Ambers tummy today ?

Chris yes definitely worrying when they get to this age he will 7yrs 8 months on Tuesday.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2019, 06:44 AM
Morning Moyra and Lynn and all to come. Lynn I am so sorry to hear about Dillon. It sounds just like Tyto had. Hope he is ok. Sun very warm this morning so off for my first walk and then just sit as to hot for me. Have a good day all. Oh yes the rose arch has to come down as falling to bits. But I will have to wait until the roses are finished before deciding what to do with it all. Thanks for asking.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-06-2019, 07:14 AM
Morning brenda. Thank you.
The Bernese groups I belong to there are about 3 that are or been under the weather all around the same age as Dillon. To be fair it's what we expect those of us in the breed doesn't make it any easier but we know what we buy into.
Then there are others skipping around still and into double figures. Dillon is well in himself but seems maybe his limbs are letting him down now.

I did a large breed calculator the other day he comes up as being the equivalent to 76 in human years so he is doing well.

Shame about the rose arch might you get another at some point ?
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2019, 09:18 AM
Morning all
Awww Lynn, I feel for you, mentioning the age calculator, my cousin told her partner's aunty my cat was 21 and the lady kept saying so he is 3 human years and Hayleigh kept saying no...21 human years, eventually the lady got it, I wonder how old he is in cat years?
Brenda, hope you get your arch sorted at some point
Moyra, has amber drunk more water than usual? Kota gets an upset tummy if she drinks a lot
Very warm and nice here, not sure what I have to do today...might supervise my dad in the garden
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2019, 09:18 AM
Amber is much better this morning thanks Lynn. She has had to lose a bit of weight because of her legs. It is just a shame that some breeds have this tendency to lose stability on their back legs.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-06-2019, 10:52 AM
Sue while doing up the back bedroom noticed a double electrical socket was loose.

I had a look and found one of the "tangs" side lugs was broken on the back box. So I disconnected the wiring to the socket and removed to old back box.

Having got a couple of new back boxes I refitted one of them .I noticed the plaster wall had not been cut back enough causing the problem.
So now it is all back and working ok.

new back box showing side lugs

Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2019, 02:18 PM
Good afternoon everyone

Do hope Dillon is ok and just an old injury annoying him.

Please Amber is now feeling better.

Hope both you Griff and Brenda have had a good day in the sun

Hve just finished all the glossing in the bedroom so can start to paper tomorrow. It is so hot though it is like being in a sauna as can't have the windows open as the bits that blow in will catch on the newly painted window cill Was out early with Teazle but even before 7,00 am it was warm, she is now flat out and moving from one cool patch to another.

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe and as cool as possible.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2019, 04:04 PM
I took Amber out about an hour ago we couldn't stay out very long as it was just too hot, so she had a frozen chicken drumstick to cool her down when we got in! She loves them.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2019, 05:32 PM
Afternoon all. Really hot here as per the Country I think, people actually passing a way due to it.

Poor Dillon, my neighbour has a St Bernard as I have said previously appears that her sire has passed away he was just over 8, yet his Sire was 12.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >