Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kirsty_
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2010, 12:04 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Thanks kirsty, and yes it's like a little village there, with winding roads and trailers either side, but because we don't like neighbours I chose this plot right up on the top of the hill, with just the forest to look at, an empty plot next door and then nothing until the road winds again further on down the hill where all the posh knobs hang out in their log cabins, and one next to us, and then the forest! We do have a neighbour behind us, but you can't see them, it's too high up and now it's covered with the wild rhodedendrons! It's a bit of a wild life sanctuary, one lady feeds the badgers in her garden each night, loads of foxes, squirrels, the lot! They're mostly Londoners, it's an owner's only park, although I'm one of the very few who let theirs out, and Londoner's are great, they chat!!!
ohh good i'd prefer not to have any neighbours too!!
dreamaday
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-06-2010, 07:55 AM
Looks fantastic, well done.
I will be showing the hubby later, were always on the lookout for pooch friendly places to stay and we havent been down that way yet!!
Just a suggestion, we stayed in a dog friendly cottage once, they provided a number of photocopied local walks, some were laminated, others were just copies you could put in your pocket, they were really useful and made sure we didnt get lost on new territory!

Wish you all the best of luck with your new venture
x
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2010, 10:18 AM
Thanks for that tip Dreamaday, they do actually do them in the office, so I'll grab some when I'm up there on Saturday and leave them in the van, although there IS a big map at the start of the forest walk, but of course, you can't take that one with ya!!!!

My first ever guests arrived last Monday, and the lady texted me to thank me, they were over the moon with the van, it's location, and their doglets was in her glory with all the sniffing about in the forest, so that chuffed me to bits to know that they liked it!
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2010, 01:41 AM
Just came on to have a nosey around and see if there were any updated piccies, and yeap there they were, it looks fantastic with the improvement, it looks divine
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

25-06-2010, 11:27 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
My first ever guests arrived last Monday, and the lady texted me to thank me, they were over the moon with the van, it's location, and their doglets was in her glory with all the sniffing about in the forest, so that chuffed me to bits to know that they liked it!
I'm so glad the new venture has got off to a good start, let us hope there will be many more, actually I think that people will be looking carefully at their holiday budgets now (It is after all the one thing that can easily be cut back) so that might help you, I hope so anyway.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2010, 11:48 AM
Originally Posted by Emma View Post
Just came on to have a nosey around and see if there were any updated piccies, and yeap there they were, it looks fantastic with the improvement, it looks divine
Thanks Emma, I'm well pleased with it, except for the fact that I have to keep cutting that grass now!!!

Originally Posted by Losos View Post
I'm so glad the new venture has got off to a good start, let us hope there will be many more, actually I think that people will be looking carefully at their holiday budgets now (It is after all the one thing that can easily be cut back) so that might help you, I hope so anyway.
Thanks H, I'm hoping so, coz I'm quite cheap (compared to the others). I thought it was best to be a bit more reasonable for my first year, and see how it goes. Afterall, if people enjoyed their stay, then they'll come back and hopefully tell all their friends what a lovely place it is too! I've left a visitor's book up there, and I can't wait to see what these first peops will have put in it! I asked for both good and bad, as the bad will help me improve things, but then again, you know me H!!!!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2010, 01:11 PM
I am so going to suggest this to my OH! It looks so tranquil and beautiful. The one thing I have to know - is the shower powerful? Because the one in my OH's parents caravan is rubbish...it's more like a drip.

And if we decide we can afford it next year, one big, one medium and one small/medium dog would be ok? They are well behaved and two are really sociable the other is a rescued grouch but is harmless.

How much would it be for a weekend?
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2010, 03:40 PM
Helena - Daisy and I would love to come for a short break next year. Is there a station anywhere near? And I assume it`s OK to arrange a Tesco delivery?
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2010, 04:03 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
I am so going to suggest this to my OH! It looks so tranquil and beautiful. The one thing I have to know - is the shower powerful? Because the one in my OH's parents caravan is rubbish...it's more like a drip.

And if we decide we can afford it next year, one big, one medium and one small/medium dog would be ok? They are well behaved and two are really sociable the other is a rescued grouch but is harmless.

That all depends on when you come, the price differs throughout the season from March to December, so if you e-mail me FROM that website, with dates when you're ready,. I e-mail you straight back with prices and whether it's available ok. I can honestly say, it's been fully booked from when I started all this in July, right up until the end of October, there are still people coming each week, fantastic! They have all said I'm too cheap for what I'm offering, but I look at it this way, I'd rather have people in there constantly at a reasonable price, than start getting greedy (expensive!) and have weeks when it's empty, false economy! I wish I could put all my fantastic reviews up on that website but I can't, only for my own use in the private bit, but what's the point in that when only I can see them! Lovely, lovely people I've had in there, but then they've all had dogs, nuff said hey!!!

Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Helena - Daisy and I would love to come for a short break next year. Is there a station anywhere near? And I assume it`s OK to arrange a Tesco delivery?
Do you know I pass a station every time I go up there, and it's about 3 mins drive away from the park, but I can't for the life of me remember if it's the Battle Station or Bexhill, but I'm erring on the Battle? The park is on The Ridge West at St.Leonards on Sea, right bang next door to Bannatyne's Health Spa,can we check it out on Google somewhere then that station perhaps??? Tesco delivery won't be a problem, but then there is a Sainsbury's a 10 min walk from the park (or so I've been told!) it's very, very close, but then the van is right up on the north side of the park because it's the quietest, most private part and that's why I picked it. The postcode is TN37 7PP if you want to try some searching? If you want to book anything, use the website, tell me who you are so I know you get mates rates that way ok!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2010, 06:05 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post

Yes, very! Hubby changed it, coz he didn't like the one that was fitted in there, and now it gushes out with piping hot water, too hot sometimes when I'm cleaning it!!!
Page 5 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >