View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2004, 07:01 AM
sb it,s ok i know u wasn,t trying to be smart,i was just explaining the probs i,m having with my dog,
i think being a guard dog all his life he learnt to hate everyone and everything
i will never give up on him as i love him so much and apart from this problem he is the perfect dog in everyway
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2004, 07:03 AM
barbara it is no fun you are right
but with a lot of love,care and training i can try and cure him as much as i can of this thing
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-06-2004, 10:02 AM
What a dog has learned can be unlearned. You are going to have a hard road ahead but your positive attitude and hard work will get your boy there in the end.
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2004, 04:49 PM
thank you sb, i do try my hardest
i love rotties and used to have one years ago,they are a great breed to have and i am gonna give it my all
i won,t be defeated
Alison N
Dogsey Junior

03-07-2004, 03:03 PM
Hi Jackie,

Nice to see someone determined to succeed - I'm sure you will get there, if you need any help, just shout.
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2004, 07:54 AM
hi alison
thank you
we have not been training for a couple of weeks as my rottie has not been too well
we have encountered a problem with him and are trying to sort that out 1st
you may be able to give me sum advice-thats if you don,t mind
we got our rescue rottie bout 5 mths ago now,in our old house he used 2 always be in the house and was fed separate from our other three dogs
since we have moved he has mixed more with the other dogs and loves to go in the garden and play with them,he has even taken to sleeping with them now in our side conservartory at nights,if we bring him in the house to sleep he crys at the back door till we let him out
the problem we have is when we feed all our dogs our rottie eats all his food then eats the other dogs food,our other dogs don,t eat everything straight away
our rottie is eating so much food(enough for 4 dogs)that he is making himself sick and getting the runs
we have tried feeding them separate,it don,t work
tried picking their food up,but forget to put it back down
really don,t know wot to do
anyone got any ideas please
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-07-2004, 10:12 AM
Why does separate feeding not work?

Feed them in separate rooms, or separate corners of the kitchen. If they are fed together always supervise the feeding. As each one finishes he/she should be put out of the room or in a 'sit, wait', and not allowed to muscle in on the others' food.

Food should be put down for a set period, eg, 10 minutes. What is not eaten by then should be picked up and no other food should be offered until the next scheduled mealtime. This will teach the slower/picky eaters to hurry up or miss out.

Bad food manners can lead to aggression as well as health problems if the dogs are getting either more or less than they require.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2