View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-07-2012, 11:49 AM
If its the knock over that is the problem along the same lines as Malka but with a weighty object .slab of paving /bricks or weight lifting weight ....
Try to make the bin un tip able
maxmin
New Member!
Female 

12-07-2012, 12:24 PM
We just bought a $98 bin, that is metal and has a snap that keeps it closed, need two hands though to open it!
Friend of mine just used her babies "blocker pins" on her bin to stop her dog.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2012, 12:30 PM
My inside bin takes recycled stuff which has to be washed if it`s food tins etc. So it`s not interesting to dogs. Ordinary rubbish is outside in a big bin with a lid and a brick in the bottom.
Maybe look at recycling more|?
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2012, 01:36 PM
I think someone on here said they used this bin with success.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/simplehuman-.../dp/B000BI7NPQ
Jeltz
Dogsey Junior
Male 

12-07-2012, 06:18 PM
Well I've cleared space in the utility for the bin but apparently that isn't convenient! Thanks for the link but I'm not spending £50+ on a bin I shall see if SWMBO can get used to the new location of the bun and if not look at securing the thing. Weighting with a 20KG+ dog would require a fair bit of weight I think.

Ahh well.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2012, 08:33 PM
I do not have a bin.

Problem then never arises.......
Luthien
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-07-2012, 08:35 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
I do not have a bin.

Problem then never arises.......
Where do you put your rubbish?

After moving, I didn't have a bin for a couple of weeks, but it drove me insane!
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2012, 08:39 PM
Originally Posted by Luthien View Post
Where do you put your rubbish?

After moving, I didn't have a bin for a couple of weeks, but it drove me insane!

I have very little rubbish.

I am rarely at home, when I am I just put stuff straight into the bins outside whether that is general waste or recycling.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2012, 08:46 PM
I take rubbish down to the outside wheelie every time I take the dog out (up to 4 times a day). If you live where temps hit 40+ you don't keep rubbish hanging about indoors! The binmen come every 2 or 3 days for same reasons.

I can understand your OH not wanting a bin permanently on a worktop but can't understand why it would be a problem to either place it outside or put it up high when you go out or overnight if the dog is only doing this when you go to bed or are out. I'd rather make a point of taking a minute to take the bin out to empty it before bed every night than have rubbish all over the floor to clean up when I got up every day.

My idea of a bin is a carrier bag hanging on a cupboard door handle until I've finished putting the peelings and packagings in it - then tied off and taken down asap.

In the UK I had coal fires and hardly anything (except ashes and dogs don't eat those) went into a bin. It was all burned.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2