Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2012, 09:51 PM
Originally Posted by 087sammie View Post
Ok I have gotten professional advise.She is a dog groomer but also hold's training classes in dog behavour.She said two bitches can be together.I'am not to do anything hasty and keep them seperated for the next three weeks.She said a good idea is to get them spayed or netured whichever is for bitches.everything should be fine after that.What do ye make of that advise.thanks all berger thanks
Has she seen your dogs?
What are her qualifications?

I agree that 2 bitches can be kept together
bitches of the breeds you have can be kept with other breeds
yes keeping them seperate for a while for things to calm down and introducing them again slowly, calmly and positivly may help
None of us have seen your dogs and dont know your ability as a trainer either so we dont know what is possible
I hope things work out for you, the odds sound stacked against you but it is possible, but sounding unlikely

I am not sure about the advice to get your girls spayed, usualy people offer that advice for male dogs - and I dissagree with that - personally I would not neuter an animal to try and fix a behacioural problem as it can make things worse
and aggression is mentioned as a possible side effect to beutering and spaying in some cases
I dont really have much experience with that so hopefully others would have better advice

Best of luck with your situation, you are having a bit of a nightmare at the moment - I hope this is the bottom and things start getting better for you from now on
abbie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2012, 10:06 PM
Ok I have gotten professional advise.She is a dog groomer but also hold's training classes in dog behavour.She said two bitches can be together.I'am not to do anything hasty and keep them seperated for the next three weeks.She said a good idea is to get them spayed or netured whichever is for bitches.everything should be fine after that.What do ye make of that advise.thanks all berger thanks
Could I ask who you saw and where are you in the country?

I am also in Ireland.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2012, 07:56 AM
Anyone else feel that this thread is getting sillier by the day?

Dog groomer says it`s ok...
Mazza
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-04-2012, 08:04 AM
Yes! I am sure if the solution was that simple the many experienced people trying to help him would have suggested that on the first page
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-04-2012, 08:28 AM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Anyone else feel that this thread is getting sillier by the day?

Dog groomer says it`s ok...
i agree

normally i hate such accusations on threads, but on this occassion im intrigued as to how one wouldnt doubt the veracity of this thread?
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2012, 11:16 AM
I aleady pointed out something earlier....but it was ignored
The first post says it's the other dog fighting
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-04-2012, 11:45 AM
Originally Posted by Hevvur View Post
I aleady pointed out something earlier....but it was ignored
The first post says it's the other dog fighting
Are the schools on holiday in Ireland?
DoKhyi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

25-04-2012, 01:05 PM
The mother and daughter I had were both spayed and it didn't make any difference. I wouldn't pin your hopes on it, but if they need to be rehomed in the future, spaying is a really good idea so they can't be bred from. Is your male neutered?
Page 8 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8