Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2012, 10:30 AM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
I've learned something from this thread. That bitches will fight to the death. I was really surprised to read that (thinking male dogs were naturally more aggressive etc.)

Been googling it and it is apparently common knowledge (that somehow passed me by - as has so much other knowledge!)

Some interesting stuff on the subject of same sex dogs fighting here:
http://www.veterinarypartner.com/Content.plx?P=A&A=2303

I can't believe I knew NOTHING about all this until now?
The female of every species I can think of is more deadlier than the male - including humans! Think "hell hath no fury like a woman scorned!"

It is precisely for this reason that I have male dogs - when we took Ben in we had "issues" between him and Tai, but after several albeit serious fights, they sorted out who was the boss, and now peace reigns supreme - to the point that they will even share a bowl of tasty scraps, something I didn't think we would ever achieve. But were they both bitches ... I think one or both would definitely have ended up dead.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2012, 10:48 AM
The female of every species I can think of is more deadlier than the male - including humans! Think "hell hath no fury like a woman scorned!"
I always thought it was "hell hath no fury like a woman's corns"
087sammie
New Member!
Male 

22-04-2012, 10:48 AM
HI folks I'am actually shocked as to how many people have replyed.When I came home last night I actually had an email from the trainer I emailed in canada.I randomly picked him from the internet and sent him an email asking his advise.He has a rescue home only for huskys and wolves.He must be a member or just picked up on the thread but somehow sent me a very strong email it read something like this.I see you are still asking for advise.Iam a very busy man and usually don't give free advise but felt sorry for you.Like i told you I have been rescuing and re homing wolves for 23 years.You have been giving great advise by others.Bitches will fight to the death.Husky's akita's and wolfe type dog's should never be with any other type of dog.They are supposed to be in a pack.Stop being an irresponsible owner and re home one or possible two. Stop putting your own feelings first and the next time research the breed's before you buy another dog. .I know in my heart and soul they will end up killing one another.As reply to questions they will groul at each other through the fence.If the bernard is walked on the road she will go mad if she see another dog.I have half an acre fenced in and if the neighbours dog come's over they will go mad running up and down and trying to get at one another.As re homing the bernard someone will have to have a very secure back yard.It's so sad because I have the bernard in the house and she is so sad lying on the couch.She has it stunk out but don't have the heart to move her.It feel's they are sad cause they cant be with each other but I know five minutes be missing more nails and bloodbath.They are seriously depressed and it's not fair on them.The guy from canada might be right will someone else be able to give them a better home.As to dog trainers here in Ireland you do a course in a classroom they spend a couple of years looking at dog's and think they ceaser milan.If he reading this will he come.But prob get another email from canada saying your going against me again HUSKY'S AND WOLVE'S CANNOT BE WITH OTHER BREED'S when they year's that's when it kick's in
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2012, 10:52 AM
I find your last post a bit difficult to understand (what bits you are quoting and what bits are your own thoughts?)

However, you have said you will soon be losing this home you've made 'safe' for your dogs and where they have so much space to roam haven't you?

What will happen after that - if you still have them all?
muddymoodymoo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-04-2012, 10:55 AM
Originally Posted by 087sammie View Post
I think I know the answer but my wife even though she knows wont admit it.They are like her kids.There is nobody within 300miles of me that would know anything about it.They would pretend they would.
What is your wife thinking? And waiting for? A blood bath? A river of canine and human blood? The situation is not likely to improve without some serious inteference and re training/rehoming.

What's been happening since your first post?
087sammie
New Member!
Male 

22-04-2012, 11:05 AM
That's not fair she has had these dog's for 6 year's.People actually have kid's that wont stop fighting.Should they throw one away.They are like kid's to her.we were in egypt and she nearly got us killed because she saw 3 men kicking a dog and attacked them she did'nt care.She is an amazing person and you must understand it is going to be like telling one of her kid's I don't want you no more.Give her a break
087sammie
New Member!
Male 

22-04-2012, 11:07 AM
When it get taken I don't know.Don't know who will rent house with 3 big dog's
087sammie
New Member!
Male 

22-04-2012, 11:10 AM
I just say the two dog's you have GNASHER.You were smarter than me and got two wolve's together have you been told that before that they should only be together.
DoKhyi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-04-2012, 11:34 AM
Originally Posted by sarah1983 View Post
There's a saying about how dogs fight for the right to breed but bitches fight for the right to breathe. Someone said they're not called bitches for nothing
I always say that.

Bitches also fight for the right to breed, but they have a damn sight more invested biologically and physically in it than males have. It takes a lot more to whelp and raise puppies than produce sperm and bitches only have so many chances to pass their genes on as they may only come in season twice a year for a few years of their life. Males can mate every day given the chance. And that's part of why when they fight another bitch, their primitive instincts can kick in and they will happily maim or kill their adversary. Rather than just have a punch up to test each other's strength out like males do.
087sammie
New Member!
Male 

22-04-2012, 12:03 PM
Please dont eat me when I say this.A friend of mine had his bernard stolen and we got a tip as to where he was.He was thrown into a pit to teach another dog to fight.There was dog fighting going on.We rescued the dog and the guy that took him got what he deserved.After we reported it to guard's he was arrested but noting happened it was a joke.He spent 2 thousand fixing the poor bernard up.I'am totally against dog fighting and the people who do it should be thrown into a pit and beaten by several men.BUT and half afraid to ask.Is there any video on the internet of a vicious dog fight.THE REASON is 3 weeks have passed and it is easy to forget as to how vicious the fight was and it might help for the wife to see and not forget as to what happened.She spent 3 day's crying.A site that is exposing dog fighting not someone that will make money off me watching it.
Page 5 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >