Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2009, 07:20 PM
Originally Posted by pupsandpets View Post
Oh thank you lore & YS I feel better knowing others had this experience.
I did call the vet again at 6.30 before they went home to re-check and they said I could give her half a rimadyl which I did.
It's helped her relax so she isn't shuffling around so much but she's still whinning non-stop even when half asleep.

I really thought she might have stopped by now but she's not letting up at all!

You know when you have that moment of thought 'what have I done' !!!!!!!!!!!
is she crying most of the time or only when she moves?
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2009, 07:25 PM
Sorry I missed this this morning, and I really hope she settles for you overnight, if not, I'm sure you'll be straight back on that phone again. I'm loathe to say it, but I've never known this before with any of mine, but that doesn't mean anything, mine have always just been very quiet and looking sorry for themselves. I do hope she quietens down for you and isn't in pain. All the best.
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2009, 07:25 PM
I'm wondering if dogs have different levels of pain threshold, like we do. Maybe she just feels it more than others. Hope she settles soon hun, try and relaxe, if your stressed then she will be.
Hugs ((((((gentle ones )))))))))

Elaine xxx
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2009, 07:46 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Sorry I missed this this morning, and I really hope she settles for you overnight, if not, I'm sure you'll be straight back on that phone again. I'm loathe to say it, but I've never known this before with any of mine, but that doesn't mean anything, mine have always just been very quiet and looking sorry for themselves. I do hope she quietens down for you and isn't in pain. All the best.
she may just be a bit scared as she cant really co-ordinate things quite right, kinda like the first time we ever get drunk, but at least we know to expect some sort of feeling, dogs dont...so it must be a bit of a shock..bless.

Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
I'm wondering if dogs have different levels of pain threshold, like we do. Maybe she just feels it more than others. Hope she settles soon hun, try and relaxe, if your stressed then she will be.
Hugs ((((((gentle ones )))))))))

Elaine xxx

I know within my lot they all have very diff pain thresholds, if kaos stands on a sharp stone, he comes back squealing dragging his leg like its broken, alas a quick rub of said sore paw, with a quick kiss and bit of a kind word from mum and hes off and trotting good as new.
vinnie you could hit in the face with a slab and he wouldnt bloody notice...lol
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2009, 08:35 PM
Oh thank you lore & YS I feel better knowing others had this experience.
I did call the vet again at 6.30 before they went home to re-check and they said I could give her half a rimadyl which I did.
It's helped her relax so she isn't shuffling around so much but she's still whinning non-stop even when half asleep.

I really thought she might have stopped by now but she's not letting up at all!

You know when you have that moment of thought 'what have I done' !!!!!!!!!!!
Don't worry hun, we understand.

Think if someone ( human) has a op, they say....nothing to it, you have one and you react different with the anaesthetic, it happens all the time. It is more than likely that she will re-obsorb the anaesthetic, which basically means she comes round, and goes back again (all dopey) and she doesn't like the feeling...Well thats the best way i can describe it. Tomorrow you may see that she is feeling alittle brighter....or if anything like Skye played on it for days
pupsandpets
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-05-2009, 09:20 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
is she crying most of the time or only when she moves?
All of the time. strangely she goes quiet when she moves but when lying down or even snoozing she still crying. Still now at almost 10.30pm.
It's breaking my heart I feel so dreadful.
She is at the vets first thing but I can't help wondering if she's suffering.
pupsandpets
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-05-2009, 09:25 PM
Thank you everyone, your advise really helps.

Just tried to get her up to go in the garden for a wander but she's not having any of it. I'm seeing a bit of personality coming back now, like the dirty look of what have you done to me mommy! lol.

The other 2 are sick of hearing her now (sympathetic sisters - NOT!)

I am starting to think she's just not taken to the anestitic well, the wound itself is absolutely fine, no weeping, it isn't too hot and she's not bothered if you look at it so I don't think its hurting, she's perhaps just confused about how she's feeling!
But signs look like no sleep tonight!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2009, 09:27 PM
All of the time. strangely she goes quiet when she moves but when lying down or even snoozing she still crying. Still now at almost 10.30pm.
It's breaking my heart I feel so dreadful.
She is at the vets first thing but I can't help wondering if she's suffering.
awe bless her, does she stop if you sit with her and comfort her or does that make her worse,

as others have said, all dogs are very diff,

I know the vet said when kaos had to be sedated to have a minor foot thing done, he continued to whimper the whole time....she said he sounded like a little terrier crying even though he was totaly out of it. He cryed from the moment I left untill I got back, the only diff was once the reversed the sedative he got a hell of a lot louder, to the point of howling.. I could hear him when I drew up in the car.

some dogs I guess are just whimpy, try not to be to worried, I guess she gets any worse it could be a good idea to call the vet again,

Has she had anything else to eat or drink?
pumpkinpie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-05-2009, 10:55 PM
So glad to hear all went well today. I would of replied sooner but my little son was off school today and I have been to work this evening.
Shuffling my Dotty did this for quite a few weeks after her spay. She could not settle and lie down in comfort for a few weeks. I was very concerned about her wound looked fine. I thought about when I had my c/section boy was I sore still tender now at times 10 years down the line. I am sure your girl will settle give it time they all react differently to things. Take care Michelle
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2009, 04:47 AM
When Mya was spayed, she whined for most of the night. I got up a few times to comfort her.

I felt dreadful too, and had that "what have I done" feeling, but by the morning, she was 100% improved and within 48-72 hours you wouldn't even know she'd had surgery.

Hope your little one is feeling a bit better this morning, hon x0x
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >