Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2010, 05:16 PM
Originally Posted by Adam Palmer View Post
Tbh 7 yrs is ages in e collars.

There are more ways to express pain, but in this scenario when we know excatly when the ''pain'' is delivered and the dog is unfamilar with it I think the ones listed are most likely.

Re owners, most of my clients have had different trainers involved before, they and the dogs have been around a bit in terms of training. I'm not targeting the idiot with the status dog, neither am I targetting first time owners. Most of my clients are experienced dog owners.

Adam
If they were experienced, they wouldn't need shock collars.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2010, 06:24 PM
Originally Posted by Crysania View Post
If they were experienced, they wouldn't need shock collars.
Very true.

'Targetting' is an interesting way of describing it---do you advertise---if so where? How do you word your ads to 'target' experienced owners.

rune
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2010, 06:25 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
Very true.

'Targetting' is an interesting way of describing it---do you advertise---if so where? How do you word your ads to 'target' experienced owners.

rune
"I'm Adam. Have you trained in a positive way and have decided that you like a wimp? Do you think you'll feel more manly if you cause a dog pain in the name of training? Well, come see me! I'll make sure you NEVER feel like a wimp again!"
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2010, 06:28 PM
If you actually look at Adam`s answers to training threads it gives you a very good idea of his level of training ability.
And also his ability to hijack threads.
Anyone remember what we were originally talking about?
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2010, 06:30 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
If you actually look at Adam`s answers to training threads it gives you a very good idea of his level of training ability.
And also his ability to hijack threads.
Anyone remember what we were originally talking about?
LOL Choke chains. Which =/= shock collar.

But yes, you're right. He managed to hijack most any thread and turn it into an advertisement for his supposed shock collar training.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2010, 07:47 PM
I am not usually so slow---he is a more polite version of 'Frankie and Jonney' who have been banned from many forums. Doing their dirty work for them.

rune
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-11-2010, 10:57 PM
Originally Posted by Adam Palmer View Post
You've exceded the limit for PM (apparently) so here it is.

http://www.medwelljournals.com/fullt...2009.1412.1418

Adam
cheers for that, will read it when i get a chance
TangoCharlie
Dogsey Senior
Male 

01-11-2010, 10:57 PM
Originally Posted by Crysania View Post
Ok Adam now I KNOW you're lying. Or just yanking everyone's chains. You simply CANNOT be for real.
I think you are right Crysania. Anyone who knows about behaviour could pop on here and wind a few people up.
It could be quite challenging when it's 99 people all attacking your opinion.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2010, 08:37 AM
Originally Posted by TangoCharlie View Post
I think you are right Crysania. Anyone who knows about behaviour could pop on here and wind a few people up.
Attacking? I see it more as defending the poor animals he gives electric shocks to.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-11-2010, 09:39 AM
Originally Posted by TangoCharlie View Post
I dont agree with adam, but i dont agree with attacking either. I'm certainly not 'attacking his opinion', so you can speak for yourself on that one
(I am arguing against his opinion)

funny old world we live in, its the modern disease, everyone is angry, and everyone is your enemy

its a pretty unimaginative and pointless thing to say that someone is on a wind up, just because they express an opinion one personally cannot handle and/or doesnt think should be expressed in the open.

that line got directed at me recently on a foreigners in denmark forum i frequent, just because one chap whom lives his life according to the ideology of political correctness couldnt just accept i oppose that ideology on reasoned grounds, as, in his world, one just could not oppose political correctness and be serious.
So it was "obvious" i "must" have just been posting my lengthy intellectual thoughts just to wind him up (yes, it was all about him ).

that way it let him off the hook from just focussing on rational constructive counter-argument, when he can just whack you with the disingenuos 'you must be on a wind up' line.

i s'pose its human nature to convince yourself someone cannot be that way for real, that way you feel better about experiencing the whole situation.

both behaviours say just as much about the person expressing them as the person they are being expressed toward.

personally, i see it more like clair does.

and people like wilbar and wys are a lot more useful when it comes to arguing with e collar trainers.
Page 15 of 16 « First < 5 12 13 14 15 16 >