Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-07-2015, 08:09 PM
Fingers crossed for him. X
halfpenny
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-12-2015, 07:54 PM
Well, poor Pippin has been dealt another blow.
He was doing well on the medication for gut ulcers but then began to lose weight again, more tests showed some of his liver enzymes were rising. They apparentky, indicate he is in end stage liver failure, which is so disappointing when his cushings is under control and he is comfortable with his arthritis.
He is a spoilt lad, being fed 4 x daily, given meds to cover every possible thing that may be causing him issues.
He is such a good and gentle boy and it breaks my heart to think after the crappy life he's had, he now has this to contend with.
The vets are happy that he is happy, he is rugged outside and stabled at night, rugged if needed. The volunteers love him and he is bright and happy, however I guess we are on limited time with him.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

21-12-2015, 11:46 AM
Originally Posted by halfpenny View Post
They apparentky, indicate he is in end stage liver failure, which is so disappointing when his cushings is under control and he is comfortable with his arthritis.
That's so sad, but since your first post I make it seven years he's been with you and I'm sure he's enjoyed his time. Hoping for a miricle. Let us all know please what happens.
halfpenny
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-12-2015, 01:59 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
That's so sad, but since your first post I make it seven years he's been with you and I'm sure he's enjoyed his time. Hoping for a miricle. Let us all know please what happens.
Your right, for some reason I thought he had only been here 4 years, doesn't time fly!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2015, 12:43 AM
Oh no, what a shame...life just isn't fair sometimes. Give pippin a pat from me please
halfpenny
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-01-2017, 11:03 PM
A quick update on Pippin, while on.
Pippin is amazing, some of his liver enzymes are off the scale, the vets are surprised he's doing so well.
He is scrawny, but has put on weight, his coat is shiny, his feet are pretty good and he is bright and happy within himself.
He is now in his 20's, gets 4 meals a day and is loved and pampered by everyone.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

18-01-2017, 05:19 PM
Originally Posted by halfpenny View Post
A quick update on Pippin, while on.
Pippin is amazing, some of his liver enzymes are off the scale, the vets are surprised he's doing so well.
He is scrawny, but has put on weight, his coat is shiny, his feet are pretty good and he is bright and happy within himself.
He is now in his 20's, gets 4 meals a day and is loved and pampered by everyone.
It's so nice that he is doing well, with help from your TLC no doubt. Eight years and counting
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2017, 07:31 AM
Wonderful to hear Pippin has survived everything thrown at him and you have been so good looking after his comfort and well being. I know he must be on borrowed time now, but to have read this thread from start to finish shows what can be achieved with lots of love. Thank you halfpenny for the love you shown Pippin in his later life. God bless you all. Please keep us informed.
Page 7 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7