View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2009, 10:14 AM
He's beautiful,i love his mane. Total respect to you for saving his life and giving him a second chance
halfpenny
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-05-2009, 09:37 PM
Another quick update on Pippin.
He is now out all the time, in the sandschool at the moment, but will go into a small starvation paddock with a hay bale at the weekend.
He has cytek shoes on the front feet now, and acted like he had been shod all his life. However when the blacksmith turned up to do his backs, the little sod decided not to catch.
The blacksmith will be back next week to try again, he has had a chest infection himself, so has been taking it easy for a few weeks.
The big news is Pippin is now living with Pixie, our shetland, and the are devoted to each other, so all in all at the moment he is a very happy boy.

Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2009, 06:43 AM
Awww, another lovely update post.

I've so enjoyed reading about his progress, thank you
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2009, 06:59 AM
My goodness, doesn't he look fantastic! What a difference!

He is clearly far happier, you can see it in his face.

You have done brilliantly with little Pippin, I've been looking forward to the updates on him.

Well done, he's gone from someone the vet didn't know if he would make it, to a happy little fella who's future is clearly brighter and long.
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2009, 08:09 AM
OH FOR F**CKS SAKE!!!! look at his poor feet in that first pic.

My what a difference in him now, he looks fantastic!!!!!!
Bless you hope he continues to improve....poor baby. makes me sooooo mad

Good luck
Elaine xxxx
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2009, 08:40 PM
Pippin is looking soo good!! Well done!
halfpenny
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-05-2014, 10:03 PM
Just thought I'd give a wee update on Pippin, for those who remember him.
Pippin now lives with 3 other ponies, Pixie -his first friend, a Shetland mare, Cara - a welsh section A who has been badly beaten in her past life but slowly gaining trust again and Tommy - a Shetland gelding who was showing behavioural issues but who loves Pippin.
In the last year Pippin has decided we can be trusted and finally allows us to catch him without too much running away. He now has cushings disease and is on lifelong medication and we have to be even more careful of him developing laminitis. We have never been able to get much weight on him but the vets are happy with him and he is happy.
He has turned into a kind and gentle little pony, the head of his own wee herd and a particular favourite because he never puts a foot wrong.

Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2014, 10:30 PM
He's come a long way,bless him with lots of TLC from you Great to hear he's doing well
halfpenny
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-07-2015, 07:16 PM
I thought I'd give a quick update on Pippin, who is now 20. He was diagnosed with cushings a year ago but we seemed to get it under control, however for the last 6 months he has rapidly lost weight.
We re- wormed him, got his teeth done again and had blood samples taken, the only thing to show was, slight anaemia.
We have decided to treat for gut ulcers, apparently a condition under diagnosed in horses, Pippin is a prime candidate- he has cushings which releases stress hormones, he is on metacam and he is a stressy pony anyway.
He has been given meds to stop acid production and a strong anti- acid powder. We think he is improving, he was extremely thin at one point, although still bright and eating.
Fingers crossed for our wee boy, he is such a sweet pony and been through so much already.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2015, 07:52 PM
Fingers crossed,hope he's ok(( hugs))
Page 6 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >