View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2008, 10:42 PM
What a difference, he must be feeling so much more comfortable. Poor lad, again he has landed on his hooves with you guys.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2008, 11:06 PM
Oh wow, what a cutie!

His feet look better already, how lucky is he to find someone like you?!
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2008, 11:19 PM
Amazing looking better already! he gorgeous!! good luck.
halfpenny
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-11-2008, 07:04 PM
Just thought I'd write a wee update on Pippin, before I go and make tea.
He is doing very well and has had his feet trimmed quite a few times now. The blacksmith is really pleased with his front feet and doesn't think there will be any problems with them. The backs are more of a concern, but there is less clunking and grinding when we do his exercises now. The blacksmith thinks it will be at the start of the new year before we think about x-rays though as his feet are so out of shape.
He is really settling with the grooming and has even allowed me to groom his tail.
He is now out of the pig pen, we needed to get the pigs in before the snow we had last monday, and in the big stable beside the other horses. They are out during the day, while he is still inside but it has cetrainly perked him up as there is much more going on in the stables. His 'stable' was my tack room, my 'tack room' is now spread all over the place, so I've got lots of sorting out to do- its never a dull moment.
He hasn't really put on weight yet, although he has now been wormed, but at the same time, until his feet are sorted we don't want to put too much strain on them anyway. He has been wearing an outdoor rug in his stable up until today, we found an indoor one in his size, I was worried his outdoor one would get ripped and we would need to go and find another when he goes outside, at £60 a go, I didn't want to risk it.

Anyway, here is the boy a couple of weeks ago.

Fronts before-

Fronts after-

Pippin-

Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2008, 07:12 PM
Gosh, how much better he looks and how lucky he is to have found you
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2008, 07:24 PM
Oh Wow! You've all been doing a great job, and in my opinion he HAS put some weight on I could tell that straight away from comparing them to those first pics! You are a true Star, and I hope Pippin lives to a ripe old age in total comfort with you lot, living the life he soooo deserves, poor little guy, I don'tknow how people can abuse these magnificent beasts, they are and always have been the love of my life. Enjoy him, it sounds like his personality is starting to shine through too, so I bet you'll be having some fun and games later on with this little man! Good luck with his progress
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2008, 10:41 PM
Oh gods, he looks so much better!

He's put on a pile of weight, his hooves look way better and he looks a lot happier. I think this lad has a great chance off pulling through with you guys!

Well bloody done you!!!
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2008, 10:50 PM
Yep i agree that he looks like he has put on some weight. He looks so much better! well done you!
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2008, 11:41 PM
What an improvement well done. Pippin is looking much better!
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2008, 11:48 PM
What a fantastic job you are doing. Full credit to you, you should be very proud of what you are achieving WELL DONE!
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »