View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2019, 11:43 PM
My city doesn't do too badly, this week saw 5 stabbings and a shooting and we have to get through the weekend yet! McDonald's seems to be a hot spot and the street McDonald's is in most people don't like hanging around in the evening as there's constantly trouble..guess where my bus stop is?? Right outside McDonald's. At the minute, the police are trying their best, everyone points the finger at them but they can't be everywhere at once.
My brother honestly isn't bothered by living in London, I guess living here and moving there helped as he was already used to gangs and stabbings and we quite often had the town in lockdown with suspicious packages back in he IRA days. I just find it quite sad that kids will go and kill another because of the postcode they live in...as kids, we don't really get a choice and if you are in social housing..deffo no choice, you take what you are given and damn lucky to get it!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

01-12-2019, 05:16 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
My city doesn't do too badly, this week saw 5 stabbings and a shooting and we have to get through the weekend yet! McDonald's seems to be a hot spot and the street McDonald's is in most people don't like hanging around in the evening as there's constantly trouble..guess where my bus stop is?? Right outside McDonald's. At the minute, the police are trying their best, everyone points the finger at them but they can't be everywhere at once.
My brother honestly isn't bothered by living in London, I guess living here and moving there helped as he was already used to gangs and stabbings and we quite often had the town in lockdown with suspicious packages back in he IRA days. I just find it quite sad that kids will go and kill another because of the postcode they live in...as kids, we don't really get a choice and if you are in social housing..deffo no choice, you take what you are given and damn lucky to get it!

All the major towns and cities seem to have the sameproblem now. When we moved (In 2014) we were both certain that a small village was what we wanted. Sure there are some negatives, hospital is 12 miles away, no ATM for 10 miles, still some mobile 'black spots' But there is a nice pub, good shop, and a Post Office so we get by OK.

I feel for you if your bus stop is right outside McDonalds, Is there another bus stop within walking distance ??? think I would rather walk half a mile than risk some yob pulling a knife on me
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2