Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2018, 06:36 AM

Daily Thread, Thursday, 9th August.

What a difference this morning the weather is. Great! Good morning all. Hope you and your four legged friends are all in fine fettle.

Chris you can enter ICE into your phone as you would any contact and then put your own number. Hope that helps that is what I have done with mine and put Steve's no in.

Lynn, hope you are feeling better today, I have been choking and coughing all night. Something going round it is like a nasty summer cold.

Harvey, how did Casey get on at the vets? Any improvement for him?

Have a good day everyone, stay dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2018, 07:32 AM
Morning Moyra
It's grey and cold here and I want my sunshine back!! Steve is going to see if he can fit the bamboo plants in his car today for my mum... hope he can
Brenda, I managed to do the ice thing to display on my lock screen...my phone is pin protected incase I lose it so now if you press the unlock button my mums phone number comes up... brilliant
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-08-2018, 07:53 AM
Morning Moyra, griff and all who follow.
Bit cooler here too but still clammy feeling.

Bit better today thank you Moyra, managed to keep down 3 cream crackers and half a tin of tomato soup yesterday. We still have the coughs. I am thinking it is similar to an asthma thing air heavy so many people coughing. Think a lot of people are struggling.
You sound a bit brighter today good to hear.

griff good luck with the bamboo plant transportation.
Harvey hope Casy is picking up a bit. Dillon insisted on a longer walk this morning but struggles before we get home. So we only allow him his own way once a week maybe then we make him do shorter walks. Difficult call when they feel they want to do it.
Chris so sorry to hear about Gary. I don't have the ice on my phone I use to should do again really.
I think there are many bracelet options out there.
Hope gary is recovered now and you can find a suitable solution to suit all. Hugs. X

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2018, 08:03 AM
Morning all. Yep very difficult Lynn making a dog understand that he can't go that far anymore. Tyto wants to but I know he will struggle if I go to far. He has been better today with the cooler weather and that lovely rain. I can tell that it is cooler as I have blitzed the house. Needed doing badly. I sort of have been skimming the dustng but today I did it all. Now on here recovering.
Have a good day all. Go to the doctors Moyra if you can.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-08-2018, 08:57 AM
Glad Tyto is feeling better today brenda. Dillon perks up after having a rest on the patio. It is worrying though when you are on the way home and they are slowing down considerably.
So for the next week it will be shorter walks.
We have done downstairs today did nothing yesterday spent the day recovering from the day before. Just got to mop floors then done and we are having day out.

Just received paperwork from solicitor re: the purchase and monies needed to proceed and total cost. Ouch.
Now expecting a phone call as our buyers have booked a home buyers report. So someone traipsing about the house for 1.5 to 4 hours according to the information I have looked up.
Be glad when it's all over one way or the other fed up of appointments people in and out and being ill all summer so far.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2018, 09:18 AM
Lets hope they don't take to long looking round. I had that problem when the government decided to put in cavity wall insulation. This chap walked round and round and then up in the attic and said yep all can be done under the scheme. They came and did the front and then said they couldn't do the back because of access down the alleyway. Not wide enough. Huh the refuse lorries used to go up and down there so no idea why they couldn't get their van there. Think they couldn't be bothered. Ah well never mind. The two vans that took all the shed and stuff managed. Hope you feel better soon. Have a glass of wine and relax in the evenings. Find that works,.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-08-2018, 09:38 AM
What a nightmare brenda. Oooh can't face wine at the moment taste buds right off.
Cream crackers and although sounds bonkers in the hot weather soup is about all I can face to eat. Hoping as I feel much better today that I can stomach something a bit more substantial. We are having some time off today and going into spalding for a wander.
Had enough of this house buying and selling malarkey sure it has become even more complicated since the last time 5 years ago.
We have agreed if anything goes wrong with this we will not have the energy mentally or physically to think about it again. So will change the downstairs bath to a shower for when we can't manage stairs anymore and we have a big enough lounge to put a sofa bed in and live downstairs. As for the road and drive well we have managed for 5 years so however many more years we have left we will manage those to.
I just want my life back. If i had had a crystal ball I think i would of run a mile in the other direction.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2018, 10:06 AM
Good morning everyone

Hope bamboo plant moving goes well Griff.

Pleased Tyto is feeling better Brenda

Also pleased that you are now feeling better with the cooler weather Moyra

Hope Dillon eventually learns that shorter walks are better but they don't seem to realise that they have to walk the same distance back. Enjoy your break from the house front and fingers crossed that all goes well with the home buyers survey but it is not an in-depth one just to prove that the house is worth what they are borrowing I think.

Hope our son is better today Chris after his experience yesterday and that you can get something in place that he can carry so you are notified when anything happens again.

Managed to get Teazle out between showers. Barry is trying to sort out something that will give us extra water into the rain butt so have been and bought and angle piece of guttering and some brackets and he has now taken down the piece he is playing with but of course the rain has now started again!

Hope all two and four legged are well

Have a good day and stay safe
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-08-2018, 11:49 AM
Hi kiddiewinks

Yes the guttering is going easier than I thought. The 2 right angle pieces now fitted and butted together to form a "Z" shape to get around two corners, that bit did worry me somewhat as maybe it wouldn't fit.
Taken down all support brackets bar one as it started raining too much once that is down I can start setting it all up as I want.

I did find some stupid errors by whoever did it before, looks like it was done on the cheap by not having right length of brown guttering so added an extra bit with different colour gutter. A couple of brackets put in a very awkward places to remove etc etc. But that is par for the schoolboy errors the previous owner did throughout the property, and he owned a building firm that went bust. I wonder why!!!!!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2018, 11:54 AM
Oh dear Lynn and Moyra...at this rate the sick bay will need opening up!
Sue, I have this vision of Barry being like a little lad with his meccano set...no offence Barry
Steve has got all his days mixed up, got his sick note, went to the cash machine and he hadn't been paid...drove all the way to work, went to the office and then realized it was Thursday and not Friday lol
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >