Our sister sites
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2018, 06:59 PM

Hi Everyone its been a while

Hello Everyone!
Hope you are all doing well.
It's been a while since I was last here, but I've had so much happen over the past few years and free time has been limited.

We still have Meg, she's 12yrs old now, very grey and is doing well apart from struggling on her back legs some days.
We've also added to our furry family and have 4 cats They are absolutely hilarious, I never realized that cats have such big personalities! or that you could to a degree train them lol

We've also lost Dad, Dec 2016, he was taken ill christmas and died the 30th Dec, was quite a shock, he had been struggling with COPD, but no one expected him to pass so quickly.
We also lost Nan in may 2017, she had dementia and eventually was placed into a care home because she set her flat on fire, so was becoming a danger to herself and others.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2018, 07:27 PM
Good Lord Hello

How lovely to see you back I have been on and off a bit myself.

I am so sorry to hear about your Dad, we lost my Dad November 2015 again COPD but finally Pneumonia.

Sorry to hear about your Nan too....dementia is a terrible thing.

How lovely to still have Meg, 12 is a nice age. I have a rescue Staffie from Staffie welfare/rescue Gerty she is 3 and I totally agree with you on the ca score they are lovely companions.....There is a daily chat thread on here where you can catch up and have a general natter.

You have made my day popping back on.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2018, 07:59 PM
Thank you Kazz
Sorry to hear about your Dad, my Dad also had pneumonia as an added complication he really didn't need.]

Nan's dementia was awful, it really upset me, to see such a strong willed, proud, independent lady in such a state, and relied on others 24 hours a day as she couldn't do absolutely anything for herself.

Lovely to hear you have a rescue staffie, if we have another dog after Meg it will be a rescue, although I doubt we will have another as O/H's health isn't great and hes struggling healthwise and his mobility is severely affected now.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2018, 08:05 PM
Thats a shame but cats are good too......LOL
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2018, 08:08 PM
ow are the children Luke and Lizzie is Luke still "cooking" mind you I imagine they are in their 20's now.......
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2018, 08:08 PM
What are the cats called?
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2018, 09:46 AM
All kids are grown up now, Thomas is 22 and in work, he works in a kitchen in a hotel, which is a massive achievement for him, he was diagnosed with epilepsy after collapsing on the way to college and was taken to A&E trauma unit just on top of everything else. It's controlled now though by meds.

Lizzie is 23 and has just passed her NVQ 3 in health and social care and works with vulnerable people, with learning disabilities and mental health needs, she really loves her job, and she drives and has her own little car.

Luke is 26, has moved jobs but still works in a kitchen and is working towards his NVQ in hospitality and catering and also drives and has his own car.
They are all doing well especially the boys considering thier needs

The cats are really funny, must say, so much easier than dogs and come and go as they please, Tallulah, Lizzie named her lol, is a tabby, George a rescue black and white, Marmite is a ginger tabby, he's Tom's cat, and we have his brother, Toby black and white which is Lizzie's cat she brought him with her when she moved back home after splitting with her b/f.

Tally is a loner sort of cat and does her own thing doesn't really mix much with the others, George and Marmite stick to each other like glue, and I thought that been tom cats they maybe would fight, but they are rarely apart. And Toby is still sort of finding his place. All are neutered too, no reason to keep them entire so Tally was done at 6 months and the boys were done at 4 months, no kittens here lol
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-10-2018, 09:59 AM
Hi Sal lovely to see you.
Glad the children are doing well. Sorry your OH is struggling.
So glad Meg is doing well and cats can be great to own.

Our eldest now lives a few miles away from us in Cambridgeshire. We now live in Norfolk.
Youngest moved to Madrid in July with his Spanish girlfriend they were finding London to expensive and overcrowded.
I lost my mum 3.5 years ago and my sister 7 months ago.
We have sold this house and hoping to move in a few weeks.

Dillon doing well he will be 7 beginning of next month.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2018, 10:04 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Hi Sal lovely to see you.
Glad the children are doing well. Sorry your OH is struggling.
So glad Meg is doing well and cats can be great to own.

Our eldest now lives a few miles away from us in Cambridgeshire. We now live in Norfolk.
Youngest moved to Madrid in July with his Spanish girlfriend they were finding London to expensive and overcrowded.
I lost my mum 3.5 years ago and my sister 7 months ago.
We have sold this house and hoping to move in a few weeks.

Dillon doing well he will be 7 beginning of next month.
Thank you Lynn

Sorry to hear about your Mum and sister.

Wow Dillon is 7, where has the time gone.
Fingers crossed the house move goes well, and I would imagine Norfolk is a lovely place to live
Hope your son likes Madrid
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2018, 10:43 AM
Welcome back Sal.

Good to hear the children are doing so well and that Meg is doing well too.

We no longer own the kennels sold and moved to the south coast 4.5 years ago now. I no longer have Afghan last one died at nearly 15years old. I now have a Border Terrier who is just 9 years old and as good as gold.

My two boys are doing well. The eldest is working freelance in web design and lives in Brighton and the youngest is married with 4 children and lives in Brazil. Just come back from a visit with him.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >