MazY
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-02-2007, 04:48 AM

Happy Birthday to Me!

Happy Birthday to Me,
That Must Be Me With a New CD,
Happy Birthday to Me....

Yes, Ladies, Gentlemen, and all those who fall loosely in between the two, please be upstanding to mark this auspicious occasion - my thirty-eighth Birthday!

Amongst my gifts this year, comes the damnedest cold I've ever had, kindly donated by my partner three days ago. Yes, I spent the evening yesterday with my head tucked under a towel, breathing in steam! It's a corker of a cold, I tell ya! Odd thing is when she had it, it was a mere cold. Now that I have it, it's practically full-blown malaria I tell you.

However, on the positive side, it's now been over a month since I stopped smoking. Not so much as a whiff of smoke has passed me in five weeks. Already I feel much better for it, and I'm sure this cold would be much worse (if it could be) were I still to be smoking.

Gifts include....

More clothes. Because of my 2007 diet and weight-training regime, my waist size is dropping and chest size is growing. Ergo, I'm finding that many clothes are now looking and feeling decidedly odd to wear. I've currently dropped two waist sizes (4 inches in old money) on my waist, bringing me back down to 34. I'm aiming for 30 or 32, which, given my naturally ectomorphic frame should be entirely possible

Though the weight I've lost now is the easy stuff. The rest, I'm going to really have to work for.

CDs. Always a perennial favourite -- CDs. This year we have....

Lily Allen - Alright Now.
I love Lily; she's a breath of fresh air to the music world. Cheerful and bouncy songs that always lift my mood. I'm hooked on the "Alfie" track. And who'd have thought it -- a woman who wears a dress! Call me sexist if you like but I like to see a woman who doesn't feel the need to dress in jeans day in and day out. It's a rare find these days when males and females, particularly around Lily's age, tend to look the same.

Amy Winehouse - Back to Black
She's an acquired taste, I appreciate. However, she's edgy and unpredictable and I love that in a person; it makes for more interesting times. She's another one who I admire for seeming to break away from the current trends and just do her own thing. Really looking forward to listening to the entire CD.

U218 - Singles
The Ultimate U2 Collection apparently. Yeah, they would say that. Nobody can ever go wrong buying me anything to do with U2. Bono's irritating pontificating in the world of politics aside, I think he's one very talented individual, as indeed the rest of the band are. To think they are still cutting it in 2007 (as are my absolute music heros -- Depeche Mode, I should add) is commendable in this day age age. and come on, Bono is funky for his age too!

And now, if you'll all excuse me, it's back to Lily Allen and "Alfie"....
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2007, 06:26 AM
Happy birthday Maz. 38..... I remember that.... oh no, hold on, I don't actually....
CockerMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2007, 06:55 AM
Happy Birthday!!!!! what's it like being 38??? I'm not there yet
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2007, 07:30 AM
Happy Birthday Maz. Hope the cold gets better & you can enjoy your birthday to the full.
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-02-2007, 09:11 AM
Happy birthday Maz...... more of a Bowie or David Gray fan myself... but hope you enjoy your CD's and a nice relaxing Birthday
Sara1210
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2007, 09:24 AM
Happy birthday
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

05-02-2007, 10:44 AM
Happy Birthday Hope you have a good one and that your cold clears up soon. Well done on the not smoking front.
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-02-2007, 10:52 AM
Hope you have a great Birthday Maz
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2007, 10:41 AM
Aw sorry I missed this - happy belated birthday to you!