Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-07-2006, 02:47 PM

New pup advice

We always said when storm had to go we would not leave it long after before we got a new yellow lab as it would give us something to focus towards and Jake and Star would have a new playmate, however one of the breeders we had been in contact with contacted us today to say she has just had a litter born(the same day storm died) and one is ours if we want him.

But it has come as a bit of a shock and I am now having mixed feelings, so what is everyone else opinions, do you think its to soon or should we stick to our first instincts.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2006, 03:03 PM
i think its how your feeling right now that counts ....i have only been dogless once and i searched high and low to find a puppy and went to veiw her 5 days after we lost our dog
some thought i was mad but i had a huge void in my life and so needed this new baby ....i choose a different colour so she wouldn't remind me all the time and to me personally it made the grieving easier ...........you can never have back what you have lost or replace it with another as such but if your hearts empty then fill it with love
good luck on whatever you decide xxx
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2006, 03:12 PM
When we lost our first bitch Tam to cancer it was only a few months later that we got our second bitch. When Tam died it left a huge hole in my heart and I needed something to fill it. Tam1 died in the September and our second bitch came along in the April. She ended up being called Tam2 lol

If you feel ready then go for it. Good luck in your decision making, it's not going to be an easy one.
lillybet
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2006, 03:36 PM
i think you should go and see the pups and you will no if it feels right to bring 1 home. good luck i am sure you will do the right thing.
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-07-2006, 11:15 PM
A puupy born on the day that your precious Storm died? Maybe Fate has a hand in it?
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2006, 11:52 PM
Originally Posted by Shadowboxer
A puupy born on the day that your precious Storm died? Maybe Fate has a hand in it?

That's what I thought

But don't rush into anything. What you feel now is the important thing, not what you thought you would do
Go and see them when you can, see what your heart tells you
China
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2006, 12:13 AM
Originally Posted by Shadowboxer
That was what I was thinking! I would go and have a look you have nothing to loose by looking and if you dont you might regret it late
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2006, 05:08 AM
Definitely have a look at least. It was three weeks after I lost Ted that Lennon came into my life. There were two puppies available and I chose Len because the other one was the same colour as Ted. However, had he been the only one, I would have chosen him anyway. Follow your heart honey - you can't usually go far wrong doing that. Hugs to you xoxoxox
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-07-2006, 10:44 AM
We spent a couple of hours last night discussing it all and decided that we said before Storm was ill if anything ever happened we would not leave it long before we got a new pup and it is probably grief making us think otherwise. So we have decided to go for it and all being well we will have a new puppy in about 8weeks time.
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-07-2006, 10:51 AM
If you all feel it is the right time then it is the right time.

By having another pup you do honour to Storm.

Good wishes.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >