register for free

Dog News

Lhasa Apso wins Crufts Best In Show 2012

This years crufts has been won by a Lhasa Apso called Elizabeth (Ch. Zentarr Elizabeth). Margaret Anderson from Coventry, Elizabeth's owner, were awarded the the Crufts Best in Show trophy at the NEC Arena which was watched live by millions of people around the world via their YouTube channel.

21,029 dogs competed for the Best in Show title over the last four days at Crufts 2012 at the NEC in Birmingham. Best in Show judge, Frank Kane faced a difficult decision choosing between the seven different breeds, the Borzoi, Irish Water Spaniel, Newfoundland, Norwich Terrier, Lhasa Apso, Pomeranian and Old English Sheepdog.

Elizabeth’s owner Margaret was clearly shocked and pausing with delight when she was selected, she exclaimed: “I am speechless, completely breathless. Elizabeth is wonderful and she always rises to the occasion. As you can see she is not at all fazed; the more applause, the more she loves it. She can’t do any more than this, I am sure someone is going to pinch me in a minute and I will wake up and it will all be a dream.”

The Reserve Best in Show title was won by Brutus, a Newfoundland, owned by Sonia Krockovci from Slovakia.

Your comments and views:
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2012, 12:07 PM
I am laughing looking at these two next to each other - little and large!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2012, 01:27 PM
Lovely, but not my type of dog....
janie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2012, 05:39 PM
I love Lhasas.. my number one fav breed. Well done Elizabeth
rosbour
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-03-2012, 09:42 PM
I watched and thought the Lhasa would win,(very cute tho) but wanted Brutus to win and he cuddled his owner too when he came second

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top