View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2011, 03:35 PM
There is always a temptation to enter a lot of classes when you start showing, I know because I did it also.

You stand a danger of over facing your pup and spoiling it for later by boring the pants off it. Less is better to start.

Spend the rest of your time watching the other classes and learning.

Did you go to handling on wed?
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2011, 04:35 PM
I agree with Leadstaffs, they can only enter puppy, junior, yearling etc for a limited amount of time. They can spend the rest of their lives in PG, Limit and Open etc.

Do not underestimate how tiring it is for a puppy; they may not do much moving around, but sensory overload can be exhausting.

You can always tell beginners in showing as they put their dog in ever single class they are eligible for.
K'Ehleyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2011, 07:29 PM
Thanks for the advice all it really is appreciated.

Leadstaffs we did go on Wed. It started off a nightmare. She wouldn't walk anywhere and one of the larger boxers came bouncing over to say hello. She growled at her and hid under the chairs shaking and wouldn't come out for a while. She came round slowly though and in the end was running round getting cuddles off everyone and playing with all the dogs. She stood well for marian to examine her and her teeth and was trotting up and down with the temptation of sausage so turned out ok in the end
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2011, 07:33 PM
I went last week with my Lakie pup, she just wanted to play. She had a good wrestle with Wheaten, it was like little and large.
K'Ehleyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2011, 07:37 PM
Awww that's cute. Ishkas first friend was Columbus the newfy that was funny. Will you be going next week? Ish won't be the only baby then Haha
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2011, 07:41 PM
Should be, I was too tired last week I had been up early and to bed late a couple of times.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2