Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

21-09-2010, 07:25 PM

Dexter, Crossbreed, DOB 09 - Gatwick

Dexter, Crossbreed, DOB 09 - Gatwick

Homing Requirements: Dexter is the medium to large crossbreed dog who is just longing to have a family ready to centre on his needs, put some basic commands into place and a lead walking regime. Dexter needs a sizable garden with 6' panel fencing so he can enjoy games. Super lad!

His Story: Dexter was found stray ... so many now just abandoned on our streets, probably from an unsecure garden, used to going out and amusing himself!

Advert: Dexter is the puppy dog in kennels so desperate to find his way out of the trouble he finds himself in. Will you walk me; will you help me. Suddenly he is in jail and can't work out quite what he did wrong? He is newly neutered, chipped and still going through vax. What can one offer such a truly endearing dog who wants to run, run, play ball and enjoy the cuddles he must have had as a pup.

Dexter is a fantastic looking dog who turns heads with his rich red coat and amber eyes. He wants to please and needs to learn how to please. First gift is he searches for the treat pocket! He wants to rush over to dogs and play, so needs to learn some manners and tone it down. He is best managed on a Gencon (head collar) to take the edge out of his energy. In the right hands, 2-3 months on you've got the brilliant "must have dog" with neighbours saying “whow you were lucky to find such an adoring dog” ... and you'll smile with pride not quite mentioning you needed to put a little bit of effort in to get this far!

"Please note this dog is currently in boarding kennels and is also available for foster until a 'forever' home is found".

If you are interested in re-homing please complete our homing questionnaire so we can ensure our dogs are matched and will suit your circumstances/lifestyle.

***PLEASE NOTE: We are a rescue finding dogs their forever homes. We usually ask for a minimum donation of £150 at the time of adoption, for each dog, to help us continue helping homeless dogs***.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

13-10-2010, 09:20 PM
An update from Jess, one of our walking volunteers:

"Took the lovely Dexter for a walk yesterday. He is very good coming out of the kennels, just ignores all the barking and wants to get on out of there! Excellent on the lead, doesn't really pull and is quite happy walking next to you. If he is out in front he keeps looking back to check he's doing the right thing. I think he'll be very easy to train and he already knows to sit when he is told and just wants to please you. Had a few go's at humping my leg, but stopped when told to sit until he calmed down! We went to the pub and he was happy watching the kids play and people walking past. He is very much still puppy like with his big paws and wrinkly head! Amazing dog that will be very easy to re-home! I would take him if we had room!!!

Here are some photos from last week

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

17-11-2010, 08:29 PM
Here we go - couple of pictures of Dexter out and about with new walkers, Misty, Barney & Lacey.

An update from Susiebee, one of our volunteers:

“Dexter was full of the joys of spring today ... personally I would have preferred a more wintry hibernation type spirit, but I need the exercise so off we both went. He posed beautifully for his photos though”!

Dexter is currently in boarding kennels. He would benefit from some time in a foster home until his forever home comes along. Could you offer him a foster break? Are you able to adopt him?
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

02-12-2010, 10:23 PM
An update from Nina, one of our volunteer kennels walkers:

"This lovely lovely dog is still sooooo puppish. Wants to play, loves looking at everything and wants to please. We set off for a walk - at quite a pace - but one call and he looks back wanting to know whats next. He sits like a dream and then if you say paw very, very gently he lifts his paw. As you give him his treat his mouth is like a horse's - don't laugh, it is so soft, he is so gentle. He wants to be trained and wants to be loved and once you meet him, like all us walkers you will fall for hiim = so wasted in kennels -come and get him someone............."!

Dexter is currently in boarding kennels. He would benefit from some time in a foster home until his forever home comes along. Could you offer him a foster break? Are you able to adopt him?

If you are interested in re-homing please complete our homing questionnaire so we can ensure our dogs are matched and will suit your circumstances/lifestyle.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

18-12-2010, 05:13 PM
An update from one of our volunteers:

“I took out the handsome Dexter and Hughie with my husband and 9 year old son who loved giving them lots of cuddles and sausages. Both took their treats so gently. Dexter and Hughie [another RR rescue dog] seemed to love walking together and greeted each other beautifully by licking round each others muzzles, so sweet, they seemed like long lost friends!! Dexter did pull a bit today until after the horse field, but I think it was because he wanted to be up by Hughie. Beautiful boy who with a bit of training and a bit of extra weight will make any home a very happy one”.

Dexter is currently in boarding kennels and he would really love some time in a foster home where he doesn’t need to wear a coat to keep him warm! If you are able to foster him please get in touch.

If you are interested in re-homing please complete Our homing questionnaire so we can ensure our dogs are matched and will suit your circumstances/lifestyle.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

06-01-2011, 11:22 PM
An update on Dexter from Nina, on of our volunteers:

“Here is the adorable, delectable DEXTER taken a couple of weeks ago. He gives his paw so gently, takes treats so gently, sits and looks at you so expectantly.... so, so sweet.

But this dog has loads and loads of energy, he needs someone to play with! He is such a puppy ... wants to bounce and run and do all the puppy dog things. Also he is drop dead gorgeous”!

Dexter is currently in boarding kennels. If you think you could foster Dexter please complete our Fostering questionnaire online.

If you are interested in re-homing Dexter please complete our homing questionnaire so we can ensure our dogs are matched and will suit your circumstances/lifestyle.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

30-01-2011, 10:45 AM
An update from Susie, one of our volunteer walkers on Dexter:

“Love those photos. They really capture just how handsome he is.

I had the pleasure of a walk with him Friday. He was a good boy and received lots of praise.

I think he may be growing out of his puppy energy because he felt like a calm version of himself today which was lovely.

Alison suggested Dexter was walked with Patch. So the new inductee, Helen, and Alison had Patch. This was a great combination and Dexter was definitely benefitting from Patch's wonderful calmness.

Alison organised for them to walk closer together and a tentative meeting late in the walk. Dexter behaved well, gaining himself even more praise, which he loved, and Patch was a fantastic role model in doggy greetings. I think they both enjoyed it.

Good boy Dexter and much love to the gorgeous Patch!

Dexter is currently in boarding kennels. If you think you could foster Dexter please complete our Fostering questionnaire online.

If you are interested in re-homing Dexter please complete our homing questionnaire so we can ensure our dogs are matched and will suit your circumstances/lifestyle.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

19-02-2011, 10:07 AM

Dexter is still with us and currently in boarding kennels. He’d love some time in a foster home until his forever home comes along.

If you think you could foster Dexter then please complete our Fostering questionnaire online.

If you are interested in re-homing Dexter then please complete our homing questionnaire so we can ensure our dogs are matched and will suit your circumstances/lifestyle.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

17-03-2011, 10:13 PM
Hi Lynne [RR],

The class loved the look of Dexter and couldn't believe he hadn't
been homed!

We made a video to try and help (and to boost the persuasive
language skills of the class)

We have posted it on youtube, feel free to post
on blog if you wish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nf-ZVa39zWs
Thank you for all the info,

Joe
Well done Green Oak School friends...so enjoyed it. Hope you do too!
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

02-05-2011, 02:37 PM
This dog has now found a forever home!
Closed Thread