View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2005, 10:55 AM

Dottie Lottie's Spotty Doggy Dalmatian Page!

I thought I would keep you up to date on my puppy here!

So far, I don't have any pictures of anything, because a) my camera has run out of batteries and b) I've not seen my puppy yet.

I can't post pictures of my puppy until I get her anyway (just in case!) but I can keep you up to date, and this thread can be for me to come to and add my next:

I'M TOO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I feel it's all too much!

So, here it is!

I will post some pics though, of what I've bought and I'm hopefully going to get a picture of me in my spotty room with my spotty teddies and all sorts!

Lottie
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2005, 11:08 AM
That's really exciting Lottie - congratulations

(*whispers - you could always ask the breeder if you would be allowed to post of photo of him/her on the web*) but if you prefer to wait that's great too, I can totally understand why you would

I'm sure you are going to have a wonderful time choosing your pup
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2005, 12:42 PM
I will probably ask when specifically when we go and say the exact place etc that I'd be placing the photo so that she definitely knew before I posted it.

I will be updating though, don't worry!

Lottie
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2005, 01:27 PM
I've just had an idea, I'm not going to do it if people don't want me to or aren't that bothered, but I'm always reading up on dalmatians and finding pics of them.

Would anyone be interested in finding out more about dallies? Would there be any point in me posting any info I have (though it will take a long time as I am sooo busy) in this thread?

If anyone is interested in having dally info here and being able to simply click on my page for an update of what I've found out (got lots to post before I find more) then please reply and tell me yes or no and I will or won't post it!

It may tide me by til I get her, it may not

Lottie
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2005, 12:39 PM
Ok! whether you want me to or not; this is my diary!

I'm going to see my new puppy on Tuesday! I am actually really glad that what happened as happened.

If we had got Pebbles, today would have been her first day home with us but I'm actually not all that well today, only just having got out of hospital and am not sure how much energy I'd have had. I'm trying to tidy the house and my room today but it's not happening as I've only just got out of hospital and have a lack of energy!

Also, I get on so well with this new breeder, I feel like I already know her and she really does seem nice. She's been so kind about when we can go with me being in hospital and she talks to me as if I'm a real person.

So now i'm weally weally looking forward to Tuesday and this is going to have to be my dally diary!

I think we have decided on the name Takara if we go with a girl!

Lottie
franc1987
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-08-2005, 06:44 PM
Lottie,

I am sooooo excited for you! I hope tuesday goes well and let me know how it goes.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2005, 07:18 PM
oooh! Don't worry - everyone will know how it goes!

I'm so very excited I just keep looking at the dogbed in the corner full of toys!

Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-08-2005, 12:04 AM
I think today is the day for puppy viewing !!! great excitement!!good luck Lottie
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2005, 06:22 AM
thanks mini! I have to wait til 6.30/7pm...

I've been up since 5am this morning through a mixture of excitement and tummy ache so I have written some stuff to try calm myself down...

Sorry, this is long:

Takara

→ Tuesday 2nd August 2005 – go to see her!
→ Saturday 27th August 2005 – arrives home with us aged 7 weeks and a day
→ Friday 2nd September 2005 – first vaccination
→ Friday 16th September 2005 – second vaccination
→ Some time after 2nd vaccination start puppy classes…
→ Sunday 2nd October 2005 – NOEDC open show
→ Sunday 12th March 2006
→ 27th June 2006 – Join PAT – Have to have owned the dog for 9 months

That’s all the dates I know so far.
Is the time scale that I’ve got for the vaccinations ok? That’ll make her 8 and 10 weeks.
I don’t really know why I wrote this, I think it was just to vent some excitement, only another 12 hours before I get to see my new little bundle of spots! She’ll be 3 weeks and 4 days now and then I’m getting her at the end of August.

I’m hoping that the breeder will agree to:
a) Post pictures here on dogweb!
b) Go over there regularly before she comes home. I’ve got the car so can get there ok and it’s the holidays so if they needed any help looking after the puppies, I would!

I’ve got:

→ Dog bed
→ Bowls
→ Toys galore!

I need:

→ Food (when it’s a realistic time to get food in)
→ A collar and lead, but it says to measure the dog first so I can’t get it yet. – There is another question coming up on this so hold on!
→ A blanket for car etc.
→ A playpen – may make it, may buy it
→ A tag – will only buy this when I know I’ve got her!
→ Training treats etc.

That’s all I can think of off the top of my head, but can anyone else remind me of anything?

I’m going to some puppy classes this summer before I get her so that I can have one picked out and ready for when she’s ready to go. Am I right in thinking you can only start after the 2nd vaccination? I believe that’s the case!

I don’t know what else to say I have this dog’s whole future mapped out but I really doubt it’ll go that way! 

I used to dance a lot but since my condition got worse I’ve had to cut it back and at the moment I’m not doing any at all – I’m not fit enough now they’ve put me on beta blockers!
I never go out, I don’t drink and don’t like stopping at friends houses because I’m on a lot of tablets and I have a colostomy as well. I don’t go shopping mainly because it doesn’t really stimulate me anymore and I’m skint!
So, this dog will provide me with something to do all of the time, and weekends can be spent at shows, or parks etc. I will be at training classes a couple of nights a week, it really will be a full time hobby and I’m really looking forward to it!
I will hopefully, get back to my dancing, I just have to wait until I’m ready and then hopefully I’ll be there.

I have also met loads of new people since joining dogweb when I found out I was getting a puppy. I am looking forward to meeting other dog owners at classes etc. with the same interests as me.

I also wanted to add

I’m sure lots of people know that I have been very ill in the past and have to make regular hospital visits for blood tests, endoscopy, pain management etc.

I was also faced with a big operation that was supposed to happen last week, but instead I got rushed into A and E a week before the operation was due. I had had a complication that I had about a year ago and I was bleeding internally again.

They have sorted that out now –touch wood- but I will still have to go in for that operation at some point.

I’m desperately hoping they won’t reschedule my operation for when I’m due to get Takara. What on Earth would I do? It’s an operation I’ve waited a long time for but I desperately want to be at home for when my puppy comes home. Mainly because otherwise she’ll be with my dad and sister. My sister says she doesn’t want a dog (even though I think she does) and, although my dad has had dogs before, I don’t trust either of them to spend all day every day with her until I get back.

Anyway, apart from that one worry, which I think there’s no point worrying about anyway – we’ll have to cross that bridge when we come to it – I wanted to say how much help it’s given me to know I’ve got a puppy on the way!

It’s true what they about pets being therapeutic. I know that since I got home, I’ve recovered much quicker with the love of my cat, and the love of a puppy will improve it even more.
That’s why I want Takara to be a PAT dog as soon as we’re both old enough. People really miss their animals while they’re in hospital and it really helps to have one there. Plus, animals are stimulating, as you all know.

They stimulate your mind, keeping you busy, alert and happy. I would like to take Takara to the Children’s hospital that looked after me for so long and think that it would really help the children there, some of whom I see a lot whenever I go back so they must be in a lot.

I may go to nursing homes etc. but I think the children’s hospital would be my first port of call.

I really do think that knowing I’m getting this puppy has made me push to get better. I have to be healthy for her.

Thanks for listening! I might post it in the general chat, as there don't seem to be many views in this section yet!

Lottie
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2005, 10:22 AM
Lottie great diary you are keeping here, no keep posting here its great to know how you are getting on and todays the day you get to see her for the first time yyyaaayyyy just think this time next month you will have her home something that you very much deserve, cant wait to see some pics
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >