View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2007, 07:48 PM
I pick up after my dogs in all circumstances and if there is no bin then it comes home with me in the car.
I went to woods recently with the dogs and the children and was very dissapointed to see quite a bit of poo on the tracks

But even worse than the people who don't pick up are the ones who pick it up then dump it in the bag under bushes or even hanging on fences etc Why ?? makes no sense to me!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2007, 07:51 PM
We pick up everywhere and have been known to carry it miles until we find a bin. The only exception to the rule is the 'stealth poo' which immediately becomes invisible upon hitting the ground never to be seen again.

By the way, there is nothing worse than picking up after your own dog only to step in some inconsiderate b******s dog's poo!
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2007, 07:53 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
Also, just to add, saying things like:

Makes you come across as unfriendly and a little obnoxious, some may even say a complete and utter ______ (put app word there) .

Why couldn't you just say, I'm sorry but you're wrong there Dog Faeces is not fertilization material, it contains harmful enzy....

or

I think you'll find that Dog Faeces is not fertilization material, it contains harmful enzy....

or even,

Dog Faeces is not fertilization material, it contains harmful enzy....

and again,

Actually, you'll find that the infection comes from Dog Poo. Rodents don't poo out on th....

Don't worry, I'm not having a huge go at you, I'm just trying to highlight we do things differently here - while we may disagree about things we try to remain civil and friends wherever possible

Doesn't mean we are complete softies tho and wouldn't really bat an eyelid at such phrases if the topic was a highly charged one (eg such as fox hunting). It's just there's no need for it in a thread/debate like this one.
Point taken Azz, I just type as I feel, often without proof reading first
Greyhawk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2007, 08:07 PM
Originally Posted by hayleybella View Post
But even worse than the people who don't pick up are the ones who pick it up then dump it in the bag under bushes or even hanging on fences etc Why ?? makes no sense to me!
Oh this is a bugbear of mine too! We went for a walk once and there were loads of poo bags hanging from trees - it was disgusting
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-07-2007, 08:12 PM
But pointless, i really can't see the point of picking it up to leave it hanging.
Why becuase i guess they are too lazy to find a bin or walk a few yards more.
Don't get me wrong i think there could be more bins around but it is called a carry a bag, i often have 1 swinging when out.
I hate the fact people have dogs but decied it isn't their job to clear up their dogs mess.
It is part and parcel of owning any animal not just dogs.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2007, 08:26 PM
I agree with Brundog. I pick up wherever anyone might step in it, but I tend to walk miles off the beaten track or on private land, so don't pick up there as there is no need, and it is far more environmentally friendly to leave the poo than put yet another bag into landfill.
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2007, 08:33 PM
Originally Posted by leo View Post
But pointless, i really can't see the point of picking it up to leave it hanging.
Why becuase i guess they are too lazy to find a bin or walk a few yards more.
Don't get me wrong i think there could be more bins around but it is called a carry a bag, i often have 1 swinging when out.
I hate the fact people have dogs but decied it isn't their job to clear up their dogs mess.
It is part and parcel of owning any animal not just dogs.

I do think thats the crux of it, certainly in frequently used dog areas, if there were a lot more bins more people would be inclined to use them.
That said, I have often seen poop on the ground within four of five feet distance from pooh bins and right underneath signs warning of prosecution for not picking up.

I have to admit, whenever I`ve seen it as above I have always thought ` lazy so and so` of an owner without considering if the owner may have had a physical difficulty in being able to reach it so this thread has given me food for thought on not being so judgemental about it - except about the ones I see standing there where while their dogs poop right next to them on lead then walking off [ fully able-bodied ] without a thought in their head about picking up.
I have on occasion gone up to people offering them a bag, usually with an approach along the lines of, " Oh dear, you seem to have run out of pooh bags, not to worry, I have a spare you can use, here you go " I do try to do it in a friendly way though, that seems to work best for shaming people in to picking up especially when other people are around and they don`t want to look bad by being stroppy heh heh but sometimes people have genuinely run out of bags of course and are grateful to have one offered :smt001
Greyhawk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2007, 08:36 PM
Originally Posted by Patch View Post
I have on occasion gone up to people offering them a bag, usually with an approach along the lines of, " Oh dear, you seem to have run out of pooh bags, not to worry, I have a spare you can use, here you go " I do try to do it in a friendly way though
I've done that a couple of times too
sky_high_bluest
Dogsey Senior
Male 

10-07-2007, 11:58 AM
everybody should pick up there dogs mess where ever it is! I do and it really gets my back up when others don't!
jackpat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2007, 12:10 PM
I think we should all always pick up. Wherever whenever.
I was chatting to an older couple with a border collie the other day and I was complaining about the fair weather walkers leaving pooh everywhere and they agreed but then to my amazement admitted that they thought it was okay to leave it in the woodland area that had allocated paths for families to walk on. But because its woodland it would just "go back in to the ground". Not until me and my kids and Jack had stepped in it it wouldnt!!
Page 7 of 14 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »