Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MrsSB
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-10-2011, 01:56 PM

Dog friendly accommodation recommendations please

Does anyone know of any really dog friendly hotels/B&Bs in the Gloucestershire area?

It's my husband's 60th birthday in January and I'd like to book a weekend away and get my kids and their families to join us for lunch. They live in Hampshire and Shropshire, so Gloucestershire seems to be about halfway for them.

I would like somewhere where the dog will be allowed to stay in the room while we eat, unless he would be allowed in the restaurant (though he is a bit of a "moocher" and so probably would be best left in the room) - we won't leave him on his own in the car so would need somewhere where they would allow him to stay in the room - he's very well behaved. We would also need somewhere either with a restaurant that could accommodate 12 people (6 adults, 6 children) or somewhere with such a restaurant close by so that we could all have lunch together.

Any recommendations??? Thanks.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2011, 02:02 PM
Very few hotels and B & Bs will sanction dogs being left alone in the room unless of course you crate it.

VERY few restaurants will allow dogs in but I have stayed in some nice places in Glos, it is a big county can you be a bit more specific?
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2011, 07:39 PM
Google dog friendly britain...