Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MarchHound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2011, 08:58 PM

Food processors.....blenders..... Help?

Am really getting interested in RAW feeding and really want a food processor/blender......so I can make a veg mush or chop up offal etc.....

Can food processors/blenders chop bone at all?

What sort of one should I get? I'm not really fussed if it cant chop bone, I suspect I am being too optomistic!

What do you use your food processors for?
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2011, 09:01 PM
I have a Magimix it is 10 years old, it is SUPERB, it is a cut above other food processers as it is direct drive and NOT belt driven like most others, this makes it less likely to expire.

It shreds, grates, slices, liquidises, juices, blends, mixes etc everything.

I have a mini one also (designed for herbs or baby food) which is just right if you puree veg/fruit daily eg one carrot for your dogs.

You CANNOT do bones in them!
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2011, 09:03 PM
I have a Tesco value blender, it copes with offal and veg (defrosted & chopped smaller) but for bones you'd want a mincer. I know someone on another forum bought a mincer off Ebay for preparing raw, I'll find the link tomorrow for you if you want. Not that cheap though. Any particular reason you didn't want to feed whole bones?
MarchHound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2011, 10:13 PM
Originally Posted by krlyr View Post
I have a Tesco value blender, it copes with offal and veg (defrosted & chopped smaller) but for bones you'd want a mincer. I know someone on another forum bought a mincer off Ebay for preparing raw, I'll find the link tomorrow for you if you want. Not that cheap though. Any particular reason you didn't want to feed whole bones?
Its not that I dont want to feed bone, Jin has bone, but she might get more if its minced....she doesnt seem to be able to properly chomp into the bones with ease and I am worried about wearing her teeth down? Hmm.