View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2010, 05:17 PM
A walk I do the bin is at the start of the walk, you go out for an hour, then back again, so if your dog goes along the way just hang it on the tree and get it on the way back rather than 2 hours carrying a bag with nowhere to put it
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2010, 06:17 PM
My OH is terrible..he gags when Leon goes and I pick it up, if he is with Leon he kicks it into the bushes.

He is looking after him for the day when I visit Crufts and was worried about taking him out...I simply invested in one of those pooper scoopers from the pet shop..he has no excuse for leaving it behind now
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2010, 07:34 PM
There is a severe lack of poo bins around. I understand they have to place bins in places which are easy for the local council van to access and that restricts where they can put them. Having to carry poo when you have an abundance of other things in your hand is a pain and if you arent entirely familiar with the area and dont know how long you are going to have to carry the poo until you come across a bin can make it even more of a pain.

I tend to walk my dogs in areas which arent so popular, there arent any poo bins at all but there is still a path used by ramblers etc so I need to get rid of the poo. In the Peak National Park, they advise you get a stick and flick it out of the way. Thats the method I tend to use now rather than use a bag and then dump it. I use biodegradable bags anyway so dont feel that guilty if I do just discard a full bag.
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

07-02-2010, 10:35 PM
Originally Posted by ATD View Post
Lack if bins, they pick it up and can't dispose if it
ATD x
Thats not an excuse where i live, because we have so many, but its still a huge problem. The same with litter. I actually think itsa sign of a society that is getting more and more selfish. I think we have become so insular as a society and have lost our community spirit, that would make you think of others.

This drives me mad, because i have four dogs i have to pick up and bin after and a toddler son that has feet that are attracted to every poo in the park, paths etc
Bagwoman
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-02-2010, 09:38 AM
If my dog goes into the bushes and has a poo I let nature take its course. If she poos where people are walking I pick it up. BUT if you are going on a long walk (I walk in the Pennines every weekend) there are absolutely NO BINS anywhere, hence poo bags everywhere. I would rather the elements get rid of the poo than the bags to languish for weeks either in trees or at the side of the footpaths.
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-02-2010, 02:13 PM
Originally Posted by Bagwoman View Post
If my dog goes into the bushes and has a poo I let nature take its course. If she poos where people are walking I pick it up. BUT if you are going on a long walk (I walk in the Pennines every weekend) there are absolutely NO BINS anywhere, hence poo bags everywhere. I would rather the elements get rid of the poo than the bags to languish for weeks either in trees or at the side of the footpaths.
The only trouble with leaving poo in "the bushes" is that thats exactly the type of place my son likes to explore. Also my current beagle loves to role in pooh and they dont stick to paths.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3