Our sister sites
lisa0307
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-01-2010, 06:46 PM

Dog found dead in Winchmore Hill stream after 'horrific' attack

Dog found dead in Winchmore Hill stream after 'horrific' attack
Thursday 21st January 2010

A man suspected of beating a dog to death and throwing its body over a fence is being hunted by furious residents.

The male dog, a black and white spaniel cross, was found dead behind Capitol House, an office block off Green Lanes, in Winchmore Hill, North London.

A 21-year-old resident, who did not want to be named, said she saw a man pulling the dog on a lead down Queens Avenue on Sunday, January 17.

She said: "About 6.10pm I saw the man pulling the dog on a lead. The dog wasn’t happy and looked a bit shabby.

“Then, when I was walking to a friend’s about 6.50pm, I heard a dog screaming in pain. The next morning I walked down to the stream and saw the dog had been thrown over a fence near the stream. It was so shocking I ran away, hysterical. I was on the phone to my mum screaming and crying.

“I feel very strongly that he should be caught. I am really horrified by it. Anyone who can do that has got to be sick.”

Jo Rycroft, 36, who owns Tara's Village Pets, in Green Lanes, said the whole community was "utterly horrified and sickened" by the news.

She added: "It is horrendous. I can't understand in my mind how hard you would need to hit a dog until it dies.

"Everyone is absolutely outraged by it. There is a growing hunt to find this man.

"Someone must know something about this. At the very least, there will be someone who used to own a black and white dog and now doesn't.

"It must be someone around here. In the dog world, everyone knows everyone else, so someone out there will know who this man is."

A nurse with Village Vet, in Station Road, said she and a colleague went to recover the dog’s body.

She said: “Nobody has come forward to say it was theirs and it wasn’t microchipped. It’s the first time I have seen something like it.”

Anyone with information about this attack can call Enfield police on 020 8345 4441 or the RSPCA on 020 8366 3313.

Anyone with information can call the RSPCA on 020 8366 3313.

http://www.enfieldindependent.co.uk/...rific__attack/

aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-01-2010, 08:18 PM
poor poor dog, I hope they catch him!
em_er_li
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-01-2010, 08:32 PM
That's disgusting. I hope they catch the scumbag

zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2010, 08:37 PM
I hope they catch the evil person who did this and then disembowel him......slowly!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2010, 09:20 PM
Let hope he;'s found and ripped to pieces, then beaten to death
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2010, 09:30 PM
Please let them catch him.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2010, 09:30 PM
Oh my God, this is so sad. RiP little guy xx
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2010, 11:55 PM
sickening!!! hope they get this 'person'!!
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2010, 11:59 PM
i wish for him every single second of pain he inflicted on that poor dog.

rip little one. no one will hurt you again. xxxx
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2010, 10:46 AM
At least the littel dog is in a better palce now.

What bothers me - why, if this person heard the dog screaming in pain, did she not do anythign about it? To then say she ran home/to her Mom's hysterical is beyond me. She could have prevented it.

I accept that seeing a dead dog may be disturbing depending on the condition the dog was on, but she could have possibly saved this dog's life.

I'm not saying people should have a gung-ho attitude and get themselves into situations whre they will get hurt themselves, but surely she could have tried to find where the dog was (by following the screams maybe?).

Hopefully the scum who did ths will be caught and jailed. I'm sure there are dog/animal lovers in prison so he will get what's coming to him. Even if he's not jailed but only fined, the Courts are open to the public. The advantage of him going to prison is that he can't get away!

Laura xx
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >