Our sister sites
Our sister sites
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2009, 09:17 AM

dog friendly accomodation in newquay wales area

Hi all

Sorry not been on for a while, dont seem to have much time at the moment! I'm fostering guinea pigs for the rspca, plus my own 4 piggies and 2 dogs!

Anyway we were thinking of spending a few days away in may for my birthday... My mum and dad have a cottage in newquay which is lovely and would save us some pennies but.... my mum is not a big fan of dogs, she has said we can stay as my sister goes with her dog but i really feel its not fair as they are such large dogs (greyhounds, my sis has a spaniel). Sooo was thinking of seeing if we could find somewhere to stay nearby so can spend time with mum and dad in the area but not have to worry about upsetting my mum!

Has anyone got any recommendations, somewhere not too expensive if at all poss, although i guess we are being a bit picky there! Its only for a few days so was thinking poss bed and breakfast but not sure if that would work with 2 large dogs!
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2009, 09:24 AM
There is Perran Sands holiday park, they allow upto 2 dogs in some of their static caravans. You then will have access to a huge beach and sand dunes to exercise the dogs on! I used to walk there on my days off when I lived there!
It's about 5 miles from Newquay.
Becky
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2009, 09:25 AM
We booked our cottage in pembrokeshire through a company called Quality Cottages and they have loads of places all over UK and Wales that are dog friendly.
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2009, 09:26 AM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
There is Perran Sands holiday park, they allow upto 2 dogs in some of their static caravans. You then will have access to a huge beach and sand dunes to exercise the dogs on! I used to walk there on my days off when I lived there!
It's about 5 miles from Newquay.
Becky
Thanks Becky, that sounds perfect, i'll have a look on the website.
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2009, 09:33 AM
Originally Posted by esmed View Post
We booked our cottage in pembrokeshire through a company called Quality Cottages and they have loads of places all over UK and Wales that are dog friendly.
Thanks esmed, looks like they are a little out of our price range though which is a shame as they look lovely.