Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2008, 10:34 AM

Kennels

This may be on the wrong thread, but sure someone will move it if so. But thought I would share this as recently someone was asking about kennels or house-sitters.
Well I've spent the morning interviewing kennels over the phone, as you know we are off to London on the 12th May to go on the Paul O'Grady show, and although I have someone who will see to the cats, rabbits,guinnea-pig,etc., I have made the decision to kennel the dogs (1st time) as Bruce needs feeding and the house-sitter will be at work.
So I went in with the approach of interviewing them, after-all they are looking after my 'precious' babies and I will be paying.
I can now safetly say that I can see what people are on about, I've readily dismissed 4 of them before even looking as they didn't really want to give much away with regards information, and I dismissed another one because she gave me certain times when I could go to look, another was dismissed because they were adamant that Bruce would be better going in his own kennel away from the girls.....they said it was better for the pup as he will get loads of attention. Errrrrr how much attention are my girls going to get then.
Anyway I think I have found one, in Solihull, all go together in one large kennel, all walked together and all getting the same amount of attention, and no times given....I can pop up anytime to see them(even Sundays)to look them over.
But worse they were the only one's asking what vaccinations my lot had, and the only ones to mention that they have a vet and insurance. So keep you fingers crossed
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2008, 10:52 AM
Fingers crossed Stephanie , I hope they are the perfect place for your babies , Im very lucky in that respect I board my babies with my sis Zoeybeau , She knows and loves my babies like they are her own , And she spoils them rotten , I know they are always happy to stay with her because they have known her all there lives and trust her completely plus they get to play all day long with there pals xxxxdk
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2008, 10:52 AM
Its a hard one trusting where your kenneling your dogs eh ?
I have never put mine in kennels and wouldn't probably cause I would fret more that they would, I like to try to take them every where with me, especially when I'm off work cause I feel guilty if I leave them on my days off lol
A lot of people now adays aren't boostering their dogs so maybe the kennel's that didn't ask don't mind as long as they look fit and healthy on arrival, dunno if there is any laws to say they must be innoculated to be kenneled.
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2008, 10:56 AM
I used to work in kennel's and unfortualty we couldn't walk all the dog's we hadn't the time, but we did give cuddles and talked to them, we finnished 6 so unless we stayed longer they had no contact from then, but we never often left till 8 to check they had all settled and wanted nothing else, I hope you are happy now steph? Does the owner live on the complex,? xxxxxxxxx
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2008, 11:09 AM
Originally Posted by dollyknockers View Post
Fingers crossed Stephanie , I hope they are the perfect place for your babies , Im very lucky in that respect I board my babies with my sis Zoeybeau , She knows and loves my babies like they are her own , And she spoils them rotten , I know they are always happy to stay with her because they have known her all there lives and trust her completely plus they get to play all day long with there pals xxxxdk
Well I did think of Toni, but Irelands abit far, and I have to get back on the Tuesday in time for FS coming home from school
Originally Posted by inkliveeva View Post
Its a hard one trusting where your kenneling your dogs eh ?
I have never put mine in kennels and wouldn't probably cause I would fret more that they would, I like to try to take them every where with me, especially when I'm off work cause I feel guilty if I leave them on my days off lol
A lot of people now adays aren't boostering their dogs so maybe the kennel's that didn't ask don't mind as long as they look fit and healthy on arrival, dunno if there is any laws to say they must be innoculated to be kenneled.
Neither do I, but in my book there should be most definately.At least they wanted to know if they were upto date etc,., I liked that
Originally Posted by zoeybeau1 View Post
I used to work in kennel's and unfortualty we couldn't walk all the dog's we hadn't the time, but we did give cuddles and talked to them, we finnished 6 so unless we stayed longer they had no contact from then, but we never often left till 8 to check they had all settled and wanted nothing else, I hope you are happy now steph? Does the owner live on the complex,? xxxxxxxxx
It's supposingly family run, and the older couple(Mom & Dad) live on site, I will be vetting the place don't worry. Thank god it's only one night
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2008, 11:12 AM
Family run sounds good, sounds friendly should be ok, your worrying the way I do lol
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-05-2008, 11:19 AM
It can be blimin hard work finding a decent one that fits all your requirements, I visited about 30 in all, but found a fab one in the end that meets all my requirements.
Actually mine does have certain times but not an appointment for you to visit, they also close for lunch. I just think in their case they are busy with feeding, walking etc outside of those times. Good luck with your search, I must admit even ones that sounded ok on the phone didn't suit me when I visited them. Of the 30 I visited only 3 came up to scratch for me, I also found recommendations weren't much use either, as we clearly all have different needs etc.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2008, 11:22 AM
Originally Posted by inkliveeva View Post
Family run sounds good, sounds friendly should be ok, your worrying the way I do lol
Oh thanks Hun.....I feel I'm handing over the 'Crown jewels' to them. Should see hubby's face.
He just said 'would you fret about me like that if I had to spend the night away' me thinks Errrrrrrrrrrrr no, I'd just take the dogs to bed with me
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2008, 11:23 AM
You couldcome hun I'l make room for them,I put the kid's in the kennel's for one night. lol.xxx
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2008, 11:27 AM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
It can be blimin hard work finding a decent one that fits all your requirements, I visited about 30 in all, but found a fab one in the end that meets all my requirements.
Actually mine does have certain times but not an appointment for you to visit, they also close for lunch. I just think in their case they are busy with feeding, walking etc outside of those times. Good luck with your search, I must admit even ones that sounded ok on the phone didn't suit me when I visited them. Of the 30 I visited only 3 came up to scratch for me, I also found recommendations weren't much use either, as we clearly all have different needs etc.
Your right there, I spoke to someone the other day, ok not a dog owner, but a really nice lady and always fusses my dogs etc., and she said 'Yea, but they are only dogs aren't they, not like they will notice one night of dis-comfort' I'm like, sorry but my little man is still only a pup, and Skye will hate dis-comfort and Reah has bad legs Blardy Blar I bet she thought OMG listen to her
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >