Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2019, 07:47 AM

Daily Thread, Thursday, 17th January,2019

Good morning everyone, I trust you and your four legged friends are all in fine fettle. Those that were suffering hope you are all feeling better this morning.

Very dark this morning snow just up the road in Suffolk and heading south.

Have a good day, wrap up warm and above all things stay safe and well. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-01-2019, 08:37 AM
Morning Moyra and all to follow.
Very cold here again but not raining so glad of that.
Snow in Suffolk not many miles from here. I thought they said a risk of snow across the country today and over the weekend.

Gorden should be at March station around 2.30 so if not to cold might take Dillon along to meet him.

Hope everyone is well today and all four legged friends also.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2019, 09:07 AM
Good morning all.

At the moment, we have glorious sunshine. It's bitterly cold, but lovely clear blue skies.

Will be heading out soon to make the most of it. No doubt it won't last too long.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2019, 09:38 AM
Good morning everyone

Hope it is warm enough to meet Gorden as no doubt Dillon would love that

Enjoy your walk Chris

Damp here at the moment so having a coffee before attempting to plant out some primulas

Hope all two and four legged are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2019, 09:45 AM
Morning all. Yep bright sunshine here now, was gloomy earlier on. Hope we do get some of the white stuff will make a change from rain. I do miss my walks with my boy. It isn't getting any easier. Ah well have a good day all.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-01-2019, 09:46 AM
Just back from our walk very slippery underfoot if having to use the pavements so take care.
Lovely walk in the sunshine albeit bitter cold. So glad we have a park now to walk otherwise I would of been seriously debating risking the paths today.

Fingers crossed it lasts Chris.
I love Primulas Sue bought a couple for our pots but next time will get the native primroses we saw in one of the nurseries.

I remember as a child going out with mum and dad in the car to Dunmow my dad grew up all round that way and we use to get the primroses from the ditches in those days it wasn't such an issue never took many just one or two because they make a lot eventually. Use to love those Sunday afternoons.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-01-2019, 09:47 AM
Sending a hug brenda.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2019, 04:58 PM
Steve is doing his nut - Basildon Hospital are charging £8 a day to use televisions in the hospital whilst prisoners get theirs free in jails!! It's rather disgusting! I agree.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-01-2019, 05:04 PM
You have had to pay for tele in hospitals across most of the country as far as I am aware for many years. We use to pay for the use of one for mum when she was in for a long haul.
It has definitely been a thing for a long time in Essex.
Bitterly cold here and Dillon and I didn't get to the station to meet Gorden as my head started playing up so I got two tins of soup on on for when he got in.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2019, 05:48 PM
It's a few years since Gary was in, but it was £10 a day here then (I dread to think what it is now). It was totally useless for him as it didn't have the subtitle option.

When my Brother in Law was in, my nephew recorded films for him. He watched them on a tablet. Nephew swapped the tablet with his (new films) when he was starting to run out of viewing.

Hospitals must make quite a bit of money these days what with charging from TV, calls and car park charging.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >