Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2019, 08:12 AM

Daily Thread, Saturday, 5th January, 2019

Good morning all, hope you and four legged friends are all in fine fettle. Have a good day wrap up warm and above all stay safe and well. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-01-2019, 10:33 AM
Morning Moyra and all to follow.
Has been very cold here today and took longer to get lighter this morning.
Good walk as usual since moving here. Off out in a bit to find an outdoor post box to stop Dillon fretting about things coming through the front door letter box.
Plus some other bits needed.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2019, 11:47 AM
Morning all well just morning.

Mom fine so all well with my World.

Armchairs deliver fitted feet and remarkably comfortable. Really chuffed delivery men lovely and delivered 1/2 earlier than stated time he range me and said we can be with you in 1/2 hours if that's okay and it was so 9.10 am all done even took the packing away.

They sit exactly where I hoped and look better than I thought. Even reinstated my foot stool from coffee table to footstool.

Just juggling cushions now but will settle by end of day I imagine on a "look"
Was looking for a tall side table to rest the computer on by my chair but solved it with the top of an end table on top of existing small folding table saved some money and looks cracking as matches other side tables.

All good here and trying out the washing on the line but no movement breeze wise. Oh well.

Happy days.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2019, 11:57 AM
Morning all... just lol
Didn't have to get up with the dog in the night...so happy here!
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2019, 02:26 PM
Good afternoon all

Blooming cold day and very grey.

Our regular cafe closed tomorrow for 2 weeks (economy drive apparently as he set on too many full-time staff) so it looks like a pub breakfast for the next couple of weeks.

We go to the pub in the winter months when Gary goes with us now, but I much prefer sitting outside the cafe. Gary won't do that if it's cold and he needs to eat more than I need to sit outside.

You can bet your life though that now we have to go to the pub, he won't want to go out with us anyway

The town has quietened down now and not nearly as many kids and dogs around as there has been for the last couple of weeks. We love it when it's quieter regardless of the cold
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2019, 03:48 PM
Good afternoon alll

Pleased Kota seems better

Hope you find the right letter box Lynn

Good that mum seems better Kazz and that you are pleased with your chairs

At least you have an alternative coffee stop Chris.

Cold again today. Son has now gone home, dropped him at station and then went for a walk around Sovereign Harbour. Even that was quiet which was lovely.

Hope all are well
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2019, 04:35 PM
Lynn, quite a selection of post boxes in Argos. Hope you were successful in your shopping today. Been a bit of an overcast day so am glad to have walked Amber ok. Hope you have all had a good day today. Have a good evening all, God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-01-2019, 05:21 PM
Glad the chair works well for you Kazz.
Glad no upset tummies through the night griff.
Chris hope the pub works out well for you.
No postbox going to look online. Bit of a panic here Gorden wnet to get his wallet to put the cheque in to pay into the bank on our way out and he has dropped it. He thinks possibly Liverpool street. So he had to ring the credit card company cancel the card. We cancelled the debit card while paying in the cheque luckily no one had touched any money.
His c/card is contactless thank goodness our bank cards aren't. All sorted but he has to cancel his senior citizen rail card and get a new one use my card to book his tickets and pick them up tomorrow from the station not a big problem we can do that while walking Dillon.
Has to register his driving licence as lost after renewing it for change of address and his teacher ref number and tax reference is in there.
We are hoping it has been handed in at Liverpool street will save a lot of inconvenience if it has.

We have bought two new fish for the tank blue acara we had a large one many years ago really beautiful fish and quite characters. We decided to go for a couple of large cichlids that could live together rather than a community tank this time. Mr Pleco should be happy them and them with him.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2019, 05:49 PM
Steve's Pleco and sucking loach love cucumber! So maybe try them on a bit.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-01-2019, 06:08 PM
Yes Moyra Plecos love cucumber Mark use to breed them without trying and they loved it.
Sorry it's not a blue acara its the green acara. Green terror our previous one years ago we called terror.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >