Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2015, 07:40 PM

We CANNOT BELIEVE...

That you did this to us!!

Just in case anybody wants an explanation. These cats are older cats. The dark one is 8 and the light one is over 16 and they don't always clean themselves super well. They go outside sometimes, too. They were very dirty and smelly and had become itchy so they needed a nice herbal soak. They are good kitties and don't act naughty in the bath and they feel much better now. Not super happy about the bath, though!
lovemybull
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-07-2015, 11:55 PM
The expressions say "We know where you sleep...". I've had to bathe a cat or three as well, you just know they feel better afterwards though.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2015, 12:20 AM
They were not happy little things, no doubt. They are dry in this heat and they are happy again. I can bathe them both at the same time with no trouble. Docile creatures, they are. Fairly rare for cats.

Our last two cats, Goo Goo (a tom) and Smitty who was female would NEVER have had any of this. Bathing them one at a time was extremely difficult as it was. The yelling and the scratches... don't miss it.
lovemybull
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-07-2015, 01:45 AM
Our most senior cat Chii has packed on the pounds. Recently I had to give her a bath. Her hind end was none too fresh. I don't recall if she was ever in water before...all I can say is I didn't require stitches but hope I don't have to do it again for awhile.
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

26-07-2015, 05:06 AM
Wow - such calm. My cats would have been turning the water to foam.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2015, 06:38 AM
Lovemybull, I'm sure you didn't need stitches, but perhaps a few band aids. I've been there before. These two are a tad "round" as well. Light one still very dinky at only 9 lbs. Nicknamed "Fat rat", name is Blue. Dark one is 15 lbs. Nicknamed "Pooks", name is Stripey. Both girls. Hate each other, used to fight a lot when Blue still had a lot of fight in her.

Phil, our last cats would have had none of this either... these two are just weirdo kitties. Cats not freaking out in a fairly deep bath? Yeah, right. Gotta see it to believe it.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2015, 12:52 PM
A couple of my Siamese used to leap into the bath with me and swim around. .... Cats are excellent swimmers. If I ever had to bath a more reluctant one eg before a show, I had a mesh cage I would lock them in them turn the shower on... they were always so glad to be out they would hug me. But my lot are more like dogs then cats.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2015, 11:11 AM
Originally Posted by Rosebud77 View Post
A couple of my Siamese used to leap into the bath with me and swim around. .... Cats are excellent swimmers. If I ever had to bath a more reluctant one eg before a show, I had a mesh cage I would lock them in them turn the shower on... they were always so glad to be out they would hug me. But my lot are more like dogs then cats.
What a brilliant idea Rosebud! Everyone stays safe, and the cats get their bath - brilliant!!
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2015, 11:55 AM
How can you properly shampoo a cat locked in a mesh cage?
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2015, 01:36 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
What a brilliant idea Rosebud! Everyone stays safe, and the cats get their bath - brilliant!!
lol! yes i though so too! Thank you!