Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Henrietta
New Member!
Female 

21-03-2007, 07:14 PM

American & English Cockers

I have decided to go ahead with the purchase of a puppy and have decided that I will be ready for the puppy hopefully around the end of Spring. I have been contacting a couple of breeders over the weekend which has been positive but it's early days yet as I understand their is a docking ban? I just wondered is their any Cocker owners on here? As I've already explained I work part time so how do you think both the American & English cope with this please?

A friend of mine has just got a Labradoodle puppy who is gorgeous

Thank You, Henrietta.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2007, 08:17 PM
We have several cocker people, both english and the yankees so I'm sure you'll get some good advice. How long will the dog have to be left each day by itself when you work? Have you considered the grooming implications and costs? A Yankee has considerably more coat than an english although some english lines do carry a lot of coat. I'm not sure why the docking ban will have any impact. I believe most of the cocker people on here do not dock (although I'm sure I'll be corrected if wrong lol!)
Beckky
Henrietta
New Member!
Female 

21-03-2007, 08:36 PM
I work part time 4 days a week, 6 hours. I know this is a long time but I know people who work full time and have a dog who is well adjusted. I have considered grooming and have been advised about Hand Stripping & Clipping.

Hope someone comes along soon to help me
Nursey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-03-2007, 09:24 PM
Hi Henrietta, I have 6 American Cockers.

I'm happy to help with any questions you might have.

Dawn R.
CockerMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2007, 09:29 PM
Hi Henrietta
i have five english cockers, like Dawn also happy to help with any questions you may have
Kitty