Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2007, 08:05 AM

Dog Custody Battles?

Did anyone watch it last night? Very bizarre but what really got my goat was the battle between BB Alex and Melanie, they got a dog from Battersea and Melanie had her mated so that Alex couldn't see her for 3 months. I was absolutely livid. That woman needs a thump. How dare she breed a Battersea dog, and a staffy at that, as if there isn't an overbreeding problem with staffs in London as it is
Becky
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2007, 09:11 AM
I didn't get to see it - I am very surprised though, I presumed all dogs leaving Battersea would be spayed or neutered! That isn't the point though, she should NEVER have bred from her, that is appalling

It is very sad that many dogs are being caught up in these tug-of-love battles, some of which I suspect are less about how they feel about the dog themselves and more to do with it'll hurt their ex more if they get custody
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2007, 09:13 AM
I think that was the case with the alex and Mel thing, Alex really wanted the dog but Mel just wanted to hurt Alex, hence the appalling pick up times and places for Alex and the fact she mated the bitch to stop Alex from having his visitation rights!
I have e-mailed Battersea to see what they intend to do with the situtation.
Becky
Doggydina
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-03-2007, 09:16 AM
How apalling (sp?) ! ! !

These people make me so livid And what were Battersea thinking, giving out a rescue staffie un-neutered, ARGH! As if there isn't enough of them in rescue ! !
greysmum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-03-2007, 03:38 PM
Re the breeding aspect. Gggggggrrrrrrrrrrrr how irresponsible.
When we got Murphy from Battersea, he was too young to be snipped. But they did give us a voucher. But it was on trust that we had him done. Didn't have to send in any proof.
Just goes to show that rescues don't know who to trust to do the right thing.
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-03-2007, 04:02 PM
Just this minute turned it off, watched it on replay.

Couldn't believe what I was hearing that Poppy was pregnant, thought Battersea would have spayed her before rehoming her

That chap made me laugh saying he didn't mind his wifes new boyfriend hands all over her but he wasn't touching the dog
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2007, 06:05 PM
Here's the reply I got from Battersea!
Becky

Dear Becky

Many thanks for your email.

Battersea Dogs & Cats Home are of course pro-neutering and many of our animals are neutered before leaving the Home. However, we occasionally have to let a dog go un-neutered for medical reasons or due to it being too young.

In the case of Alex Sibley and Melanie Hill, Poppy was too young to be neutered and it was agreed that the applicants would take a voucher and have Poppy spayed at their own vets when she was old enough.

Sadly the relationship broke down and Poppy has been in the care of Ms Hill, who decided to breed from her against Mr Sibley’s wishes. We have been in regular contact with Mr Sibley, who is pro-neutering, and have written to Ms Hill to remind her of the neutering agreement made when they rehomed Poppy. In light of Alex winning joint custody of Poppy, we hope that she will be neutered at some point in the future, once she has had her puppies.

I’d like to thank you for your concern and to reassure you that we are doing everything we can to ensure Poppy is neutered by her owners as soon as possible.

With best wishes

Simon Lynn

Customer Service Supervisor (Rehoming)
Amie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2007, 06:34 PM
Same reply I got I think Poppy should be taken off her and given to Alex.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2007, 07:01 PM
Originally Posted by Amie View Post
Same reply I got I think Poppy should be taken off her and given to Alex.
I agree, Alex should go for sole custody!
Becky