register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: Compulsary muzzling, how do you feel?
Yes I have no problem with it and think it would work. 10 21.74%
Only in areas where children play, eg Parks. 4 8.70%
Only if the dog was running loose. 3 6.52%
No, I wouldnt muzzle my dog because....... (discuss) 29 63.04%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 7 of 9 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2007, 06:41 AM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
Dawn, i do see your point about no dogs would be attacked if all muzzled, but do you really think the idiot owners now who let the nast dogs off lead unmuzzled are going to suddenly put a muzzle on because a new law says so because i dont think they will.
If it was met with HEAVY on the spot fines, yes I do. People like this are hit hardest in their pockets, they have no feeling for anyone else but themselves. If they are caught, or reported and fined, I reckon the vast majority wouldnt do it again.
Dawn.
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2007, 07:30 AM
I do a lot of training on walks with my dog - it's all part of keeping her well behaved. A lot of this involves play and toy training which I would imagine would be very hard to do with a muzzle on

So, I voted No. It would really destroy the happiness I have with my dog/s.

I am open to others views but so far am not convinced, also for other reasons such as I think it was Moobli mentioned: what if dogs got lost and couldn't survive?

For those who do train, (and you have to generalise to doing it on walks and out and about) muzzling would be depressing, and we'd have (IMHO) far more badly behaved dogs

I'd go so far as to say that if it was ever made compulsory, even with heavy fines, I'd go into areas of the Forest which are little visited, and still walk with no muzzle and risk being fined. And that's me, a law abiding citizen (usually) :smt002

It really gets me that the good owners suffer because of idiots

Wys
x
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2007, 10:26 AM
Who will fine them?

More dog wardens will have to be employed to stand in parks etc and police will have to add it to an ever-increaing list of "minor offences" to stop people for.

I think it would only foster mistrust of dogs, another reason for people to say "see, dogs are all dangerous, that's why they muzzle them"
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2007, 10:37 AM
Yet again. I feel the dogs would be punished for our failings as owners. Dogs have attacked. Muzzle all dogs
If the idiots out there haven't got the brains to put a collar on their dog or pick their dogs poo up, how are they going to master putting a correct size muzzle on a dog when they go out

Dawn.
You've started an interesting thread here. I read that you wouldn't have a problem with muzzling.
What would you do about working your dogs, or do you think working dogs should be exempt, which would be the only thing to work. However that would be one rule for one and another rule for others. The forces etc, is one thing but what about the ordinary individual that works their dog.
I would value your comments on this as you work your lovely dogs.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2007, 10:42 AM
Originally Posted by Wysiwyg View Post
I'd go so far as to say that if it was ever made compulsory, even with heavy fines, I'd go into areas of the Forest which are little visited, and still walk with no muzzle and risk being fined. And that's me, a law abiding citizen (usually) :smt002

Wys
x
Yep me too!
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2007, 10:54 AM
Me Three. I'd go and hide at Mooblis. Noone would find us there
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2007, 10:57 AM
- we could start a new community for dog owners who refuse to muzzle their dogs and live out in the sticks somewhere
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-03-2007, 10:58 AM
and eat bugs and stuff
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2007, 11:21 AM
Originally Posted by IanTaylor View Post
and eat bugs and stuff
Yuck
No, you bring the bread, i'll bring the bacon and Moobli can supply the brown sauce
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-03-2007, 11:22 AM
Originally Posted by megan57collies View Post
Yuck
No, you bring the bread, i'll bring the bacon and Moobli can supply the brown sauce
Aye sounds good... and a nice hot mug of steaming hot, black coffee ... I'm on my way
Page 7 of 9 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 >