View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2006, 04:06 PM
Hope all goes well for Blackie and he settles with this kind lady. Which hospital are you going in? Im sure they will allow (like Tawneywolf says) him in to see you, its good therapy at the end of the day.
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-09-2006, 04:40 PM
I might be able to get someone to bring him into the grounds, however with him being so far away, it would be a long journey, about a 60 mile round trip, which to be honest is a long way to ask someone to travel just for a few hours if that. I will be honest, if he settles there I won't mind being parted, well I will, but I will know that he is being well looked after hopefully.

I feel a bit happier already.

Ian
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-09-2006, 04:44 PM
Originally Posted by Luz View Post
Hope all goes well for Blackie and he settles with this kind lady. Which hospital are you going in? Im sure they will allow (like Tawneywolf says) him in to see you, its good therapy at the end of the day.
Hi Luz,
I am going into the University Hospital of North Durham (UHND) this is in Durham City, about 4 miles from where I live, this is where the main op will be done then I will be transffered to the University Hospital of Bishop Auckland (UHBA) for my rehab treatment. Yes they would probably allow him to come into the grounds but as I have said in my previous post, it would be a long way to go/come.

Thanks everyone for your input.

Ian
darasa
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-09-2006, 08:25 PM
Hi Ian .. I am so pleased that you have found something nearer too you .. I hope it all works out for you and Blackie.. if he is happy and comfortable it will make life easier especially if you get to see him occasionally too

Rachel
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-09-2006, 09:54 PM
Hi,

The lady called me tonight on the phone and we had a good chat. She used to own 2 horses and just lately had to put to sleep her jack russell dog, je was 17. Her parent's are at the moment staying with her and her partner so he won't be short of attention.

She is coming on Wednesday morning to see him and take him for a walk - in her lunch break. Then we are going to arrange a time to suit for me to go to there house.

It sounds a pretty secure back yard, it is a five foot high wall surrounding it. She's also seen the photo's of him and thinks he is lovely. I have also asked if she minded if the neighbours popped in to see him and that was no problem either.

So it seems that everything is going to be ok.

Ian
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2006, 10:13 PM
Ian I hope the meet goes well Wednesday for looking after Blackie, they sound caring people x
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-09-2006, 07:22 AM
Morning everyone,

This morning I feel quite happy, I think this lady is going to work out. Her partner, works as a landscape gardener so he sounds ok, and with her parents also being there I think he is going to have a whale of a time, hopefully. She says there's a big park nearby and a bridlepath too, so he'll get pleanty of exercise.

Ian
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-09-2006, 09:15 AM
you are bound to have felt down with the worry about Blackie. I am not saying that everything will be wonderful from now on, but it is a bit weight off your mind knowing he is going to be looked after properly.
When I was awaiting my biopsy results I felt a lot calmer once I knew my girls had someone they knew who would look out for them, and if the worse happened, would give them a permanent home. Luckily they came back clear, but I felt more able to face things, and that is why you are feeling better this morning, you have a bit more control over things now.
If I lived on the East coast I would come over to see you, take a laptop in so you can get some telly, and that is another hurdle completed!!!!
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-09-2006, 01:01 PM
Hello Tawneywolf,
Yes that is exactly what has happened to me, at least there is a way forward. I am also going to get a tv tuner to sort out that problem too.

Well this mornig the young lass, she isn't very old, has been with her work mate and fell in love with Blackie. They took him for a walk and he was no bother at all. I am going to go and see her place tonight, then he is going to hers for the weekend - what a wrench that is going to be for me, I'm going to go stir crazy!!! then if everything is ok, he will be going a day before I go in to hospital.

I'm shaking, I don't know why but I am.

So fingers crossed that he settles there ok.

I'll keep you posted.

Ian
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-09-2006, 02:04 PM
you are bound to feel shaky, it is a massive emotional upset for you and it is perfectly normal for someone to act like this.
All I can say to you is that the knowledge that Blackie will be looked after properly is going to help you concentrate on the job in hand. When you get into hospital the last thing you want is to worry about how Blackie is, now you just have to worry about tuning your laptop in!!!!!
I am so glad this girl has taken to Blackie and he to her, once he has stayed over a couple of times it will begin to be the norm for him so he will not be as unsettled as if you just left him with someone he didn't know.
You are going to miss him this weekend, he is part of your daily life so it would be weird if you didn't. Just have to comfort yourself with the knowledge that long-term you are doing the best by him, and thats all anyone can do.
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >