Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2009, 06:12 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
lol funny you bring this up, I had pm'd dawn last night with the same concerns, I thought her posts were way off for someone who's a writer
Doesnt write like somebody who has two children.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2009, 06:39 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
I know you do, just like the Craig Busche thing eh.

The breed is not really improving in numbers, declining in registrations actually. Under 20 registered lat year I think, just two litters. They are being exhibited on the continent now though, from the UK.
Exactly!! I dislike intensely people who believe everything they read, however convincing the words and pictures may be, and then based on that "evidence", go off on one about how cruel they are, how this how that, without REALLY KNOWING the truth. When you are a famous dog trainer, wolf handler, dog whisperer, horse whisperer there are always jealous, vindictive people who will do anything to prove that you are cruel to animals, mistreat them, beat them, whatever. Because they themselves have not got the talent or natural ability to do such a thing, they have to knock those that can. I may be entirely wrong about Craig Busch, I really don't know, but as sure as hell I am not going to condemn the man without knowing the FACTS.

Sadly, it seems to be one of the more unpleasant characteristics of my own sex. I am not sure men are quite as guilty as us girls of this bitching! Which, I guess, is why it is called bitching, not dogging!!
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2009, 06:43 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
lol funny you bring this up, I had pm'd dawn last night with the same concerns, I thought her posts were way off for someone who's a writer
My father's god-daughter is a writer, and I am about to proof read her latest book for her. Her standard of english, spelling and grammar is not very good at all ... which is why she is asking me to proof read her book.

I don't follow the logic at all that just because you are a writer your standard of english, spelling and grammar will automatically be excellent.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2009, 06:50 PM
To prove my point :

"The phenomenally talented and brilliant writer F. Scott Fitzgerald received so many rejection slips for his first novel (This Side of Paradise) that he literally wallpapered his room with them. If not for one extremely patient and visionary editor, Maxwell Perkins, F. Scott's beautifully written prose might not be available to us today. Why? Because F. Scott Fitzgerald couldn't spell very well. His manuscripts were hard to read because of this purely technical problem."

Other famous writers who had appalling standard of english include Winston Churchill, Agatha Christie, Einstein and Hans Christian Anderson. These 4 apparently suffered from Dyslexia.

So you see, it is rather fatuous to condemn someone who claims to be a writer on the grounds that their standard of english is poor.
Page 6 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6