Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MichaelM
Dogsey Senior
Male 

24-06-2011, 08:08 AM

A good read

I've just read two good books that have probably been mentioned on here before, but I'll mention them again.

Twenty Wagging Tales by Barrie Hawkins - the story of his first year of rehoming orphan dogs.

One Dog at a Time by Pen Farthing - Sving the strays of Helmand.

The two books both made me laugh at times, and brought a tear to my eye also. Well worth a read.
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2011, 08:16 AM
I LOVE One Dog At A Time, brilliant read. There is a second book by Pen about how some of the dogs (won't specify names in case anyone is reading the first one at the moment!) get on afterwards.

I went to one of Pen's talks a few months back - go if you get the chance. It was amazing but a bit sad to read the book afterwards, knowing what would happen.

I haven't heard of Twenty Wagging Tails - I'll look out for that one
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2011, 08:17 AM
I haven't read the Pen Farthing one yet (but it is on my list) but absolutely loved Barrie Hawkins book, and have read it numerous times. Definitely recommended
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2011, 11:06 AM
Love Twenty Wagging Tails, gave it as Christmas presents to several friends.
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2011, 11:30 AM
Loved the pen Farthing one (haven't read the second yet) and I met a rescued Nowzad dog last weekend, at a fun show. He was gorgeous - really big, longhaired and creamish with grey overlay. Only half a tail, and no ears - but you couldn't really tell because of his long coat. He looked a bit like a Sarplaninac or one of the other large livestock guardians.