Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2013, 08:03 PM

Sometimes Remus is a mystery to me!

He's been with us for a few months now and only once has he let himself out the open lounge window to go to the loo. That was about a month ago now and ever since then, when he wants to loo, nine times out of ten he will whine and jump up the window rather than make his way to the back door!

I can't figure it out! If relieving himself is the reward then he has been rewarded only once going out of the window compared to what must be a hundred times going out to the back garden!

Either he is very clever as he knows that is a quicker root or very lazy as he can't be bothered to walk through the house.
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2013, 08:16 PM
Bless him anything in the kitchen he's avoiding? Or have you left him waiting for a while without hearing him at the back door? Could he think it was quicker to go through the window, funny boy whatever he's thinking lol x
BlueJay
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2013, 08:20 PM
Ha!
Remus really does sounds like heaps of (grey-hair inducing) fun!
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2013, 08:30 PM
Originally Posted by zoeyvonne View Post
Bless him anything in the kitchen he's avoiding? Or have you left him waiting for a while without hearing him at the back door? Could he think it was quicker to go through the window, funny boy whatever he's thinking lol x
I don't think so, usually you can't keep him out of there. In fact today he smashed the jug bit of my food processor because he pulled it off the draining board in case there was any food in it..there wasn't. I had completely cleared the kitchen of any food and any dirty dishes....and he still tried to steal stuff!

Originally Posted by BlueJay View Post
Ha!
Remus really does sounds like heaps of (grey-hair inducing) fun!
He is either angeli or devilish. Thankfully most of the time he is very easygoing ...it's just the barking, toilet training and stealing that are issues. Amazing really considering his start!

Things are harder at the moment as he is not getting as much exercise since I have no car.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2013, 09:05 PM
Probably a really simple explanation for Remus,would drive me nuts though, I'd be dying to solve it Maybe he just doesn't get the difference, window and door are both a way outside. One more civilised than the other, granted but he may just think there the same. If I could jump out a window to go outside....I'm thinking that'd be fun
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2013, 09:13 PM
Originally Posted by Eileen Duffy View Post
Probably a really simple explanation for Remus,would drive me nuts though, I'd be dying to solve it Maybe he just doesn't get the difference, window and door are both a way outside. One more civilised than the other, granted but he may just think there the same. If I could jump out a window to go outside....I'm thinking that'd be fun
Well everyone's weeing outside at the moment. Cards had her nappy off today in the garden and then came inside...thankfully she remembered to run outside when she needed a wee. Then Paul came home and in the excitement Merryn said 'ooo I need a wee!' ran out of the room and I thought she had run upstairs and then realised she'd gone out to the garden too!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2013, 09:17 PM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
Well everyone's weeing outside at the moment. Cards had her nappy off today in the garden and then came inside...thankfully she remembered to run outside when she needed a wee. Then Paul came home and in the excitement Merryn said 'ooo I need a wee!' ran out of the room and I thought she had run upstairs and then realised she'd gone out to the garden too!
You could turn your bathroom into a walk in wardrobe!! Who needs it?Bit worried about Lace, will start another tread,would really like your opinion if you wouldn't mind
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2013, 09:26 PM
Originally Posted by Eileen Duffy View Post
You could turn your bathroom into a walk in wardrobe!! Who needs it?Bit worried about Lace, will start another tread,would really like your opinion if you wouldn't mind
Good idea!

Ok, I'll have a look now. Xx
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2013, 08:12 AM
Lol when we had cats, my older 2 kids were little, I caught 1 having a poo in the litter tray And when we got a puppy, she had a poo at the end of the garden, she is highly embarrassed about it now so they do grow out of it lol
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2013, 09:02 AM
Originally Posted by zoeyvonne View Post
Lol when we had cats, my older 2 kids were little, I caught 1 having a poo in the litter tray And when we got a puppy, she had a poo at the end of the garden, she is highly embarrassed about it now so they do grow out of it lol
Haha...glad to hear it!

Remus has walked outside to have a wee just now!!.....and weed int he paddling pool I had just filled up for the girls! Queue empty paddling pool and refil it! Merryn and Carys are now feeding him water in tiny tea cups.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >