View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2016, 10:34 PM
It looks Mandy as if you could apply for registration as your mum is English and you were born before 1983...I am guessing at that bit!or you can app!y for citizenship as you are married to a British citizen... It is ruddy expensive though!!
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2016, 11:10 AM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Mandy, you could do citizenship if you really want to
https://www.gov.uk/becoming-a-british-citizen
You would easily pass any test, my vet did that he us from SA and us now an English citizen
Thank you Griff, I've only just seen this sorryI've looked at this am just getting mum to read through this to make sure that I qualify. And our right it's flipping expensive
I really do want to, it's always been money as why I've not done it yet
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2016, 11:24 AM
You just gotta love the scaremongering that's going on in this debate.

So far, we will be at war with the rest of Europe, at the 'back of the queue' for negotiations with the USA (unless it's for war of course), we will have no funding for science projects and all our universities will have to close because we won't be taking foreign students and all this just in the last couple of weeks.

Makes you wonder how we ever survived before we joined it in the first place doesn't it, to say nothing of how the other countries outside the EU survive?
1cutedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-05-2016, 12:44 PM
That's exactly what it was like at the Independence Referendum, Better Together did not come out with one single thing saying why we would be better together, all we got was scaremongering. I know someone who voted no because they wouldn't get the usual TV programs lol and so we'll get people voting to stay in EU because their holidays will cost more.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-05-2016, 05:51 PM
Exactly my thoughts Chris.
Fighting for his livelihood which if he lost his job tomorrow will not affect him one jot unlike the working people of this country who stand to lose everything when made redundant.
I said exactly the same thing how on earth did we manage as a country till we joined the then common market in the 70's anyone would think we had never been independent of the EU.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2016, 09:59 PM
Mandy, I think it is terrible that for somebody like you whose mum is British and you have basically lived here all your life...virtually and now have raised your own family would have to pay such an extortionate amount.... I fully understand the charge for people who marry a foreigner and want to fetch them over or a foreigner who wants to stay and buy into businesses etc but in all honesty ( and not wishing to offend your cultural roots) you are as English as me! ( I am technically half Irish) you would think that the fact you want to be known officially as British would count for something.
To be honest, I think that leaving the EU would be one of the best things to happen to us, hopefully we would get back to our own farming, our own manufacturing and hopefully those skills we are in danger of losing would once again be required and "proper" apprenticeships would be brought back...like engineering apprenticeships instead of an apprentice fish fryer
I wasn't around in the 70's well I was, late 79 but my parents were and they are both of the opinion that we did absolutely fine then and o.k it may be a bit rough to begin with but we would manage absolutely fine again with the bonus of not being told what to do by people who don't even live here, I have heard on the news that they think it lies with the young voter and the problem is they know nothing else
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

12-05-2016, 02:49 AM
Mine arrived today.

Whatever my views or opinions on the matter - did I read it ?

Nope - chucked in the recycling bin.

Oh PS

Can I have a bigger bin please.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-05-2016, 02:27 PM
Each year we send,
To Brussels fine,
Enough pound coins,
To fill a mine.
Some of these,
belong to me.
It's not by choice,
I'm sure you'll see!
I'm fair P'd off,
with all their waste.
I wish to leave them,
with poste haste.
So for a speedy EU Exit,
get off your bums and vote for Brexit.

Apologies for the poor poetry, I think the wheels may have come of my iambic pentameter! lol !
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2016, 09:46 PM
It is good LG
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

14-05-2016, 05:21 PM
Very good LG (better than my attempts at poetry )

I am still very much in the 'Undecided' camp, the problem is that I firmly believe the day after we all vote 'OUT' the beurocrats in Brussels will immediately adjust the import tariff on all our goods and services from 0% to something much more draconian.

All it takes on the French or German customs inspectors computer is a few key strokes and suddenly all those things we do well will be priced out of the market.

That's blackmail I hear you say,
well of course it is, but where international politics are concerned blackmail of some sort has always been present.

Yes, but we can negotiate new trade agreements you hear people say, yes again it's true, but it takes two to negotiate and I don't trust the mainland European beurocrats to rush into any meetings, they will get the hump 'cos we left and be as slow as a drunken snail to set up meetings, could take years, decades even.

So I might say "To hell with them, let's get out now" or I might not, as I say right now I don't know. SWMBO has said she'll abstain
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >