View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2008, 05:16 PM
DONT give up, my first cat went missing for almost 3 weeks! He was living not 30 a second walk from the front door!! They had taken him in and didnt know he was ours, we only found him due to the CPL advertising him in the local paper as needing a good home!!

Never ever give up on Cats, they are free spirits, the please themselves, he will be back home when it suits him.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2008, 05:37 PM
Well the fireworks are still going here hun, and then there is the smell in the air too, don't give up. As Borderdawn says, a cat can go missing along time, then just walk back. I forgot about my son's cat ''lilley'' A birman, Gary was convinced that someone had stolen her, 9 weeks later in she strolled that was 2 years back, she's never gone missing since, and we'll never know what happened.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-11-2008, 06:18 PM
Thankyou again for the support, I won't give up.
artemis
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-11-2008, 08:22 PM
Dont give up hope! Cats are strange creatures! Not the same as dogs, and have very different thinking! I had a beautiful British Blue Shorthair called Rene. He lived quite happily with us for nine years, although he was always a ****** for going into the neighbours houses if they happened to leave a window open! Usually a neighbour who had a cat or a dog and left food down 24/7! One day I gave him his breakfast and let hiim out as I had done all his life. He went missing, but exactly one month to the minute, he came home. I had wandered the streets, put up posters, rung every vet in the area, and cried every day since he left. He came back into the house as though nothing had happened. Made a huge fuss of us and the other animals just as he always had done. I gave him some food and was over the moon! he sat and preened himself, lapped up all the attention and purred like a Tiger! He asked to go out and I opened the door and watched him saunter around the garden as he had always done! I never saw him again, but know that he was curled up somewhere comfy, being fed and happy!
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2008, 08:53 AM
When we lived in China we had a local dog who a volunteer wanted to take home. SUddenly she went missing and the volunteer left withut her, terribly upset. We were sure she was gone forever. However 6 months later she turned up, skinny but well! Now she's living a new life in Australia with the volunteer.

Not a directly related story, but don't give up hope. There's stll a good chance your cat will show up. I wish you masses of good luck xxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-11-2008, 09:03 AM
Originally Posted by artemis View Post
Dont give up hope! Cats are strange creatures! Not the same as dogs, and have very different thinking! I had a beautiful British Blue Shorthair called Rene. He lived quite happily with us for nine years, although he was always a ****** for going into the neighbours houses if they happened to leave a window open! Usually a neighbour who had a cat or a dog and left food down 24/7! One day I gave him his breakfast and let hiim out as I had done all his life. He went missing, but exactly one month to the minute, he came home. I had wandered the streets, put up posters, rung every vet in the area, and cried every day since he left. He came back into the house as though nothing had happened. Made a huge fuss of us and the other animals just as he always had done. I gave him some food and was over the moon! he sat and preened himself, lapped up all the attention and purred like a Tiger! He asked to go out and I opened the door and watched him saunter around the garden as he had always done! I never saw him again, but know that he was curled up somewhere comfy, being fed and happy!
Originally Posted by Moon's Mum View Post
When we lived in China we had a local dog who a volunteer wanted to take home. SUddenly she went missing and the volunteer left withut her, terribly upset. We were sure she was gone forever. However 6 months later she turned up, skinny but well! Now she's living a new life in Australia with the volunteer.

Not a directly related story, but don't give up hope. There's stll a good chance your cat will show up. I wish you masses of good luck xxx
Thankyou both, still hoping he will return.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2008, 10:17 AM
He's a tinker isnt he! Today will be the day!
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2008, 10:19 AM
hope he comes home today. they are such a worry!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-11-2008, 10:45 AM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
He's a tinker isnt he! Today will be the day!
Dawn I can think of a few other names too at the moment.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-11-2008, 10:46 AM
Originally Posted by hayleybella View Post
hope he comes home today. they are such a worry!
Just get to a point in my life when I don't worry so much over the children and the animals start turning me grey.
Page 6 of 13 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »